Food on stamps!

I saw these Dutch bitterballen stamps on Twitter the other today and thought they were neat:

Are there any stamps featuring food in your country? Do share!

28 Likes

unfortunately we don`t get many nice stamps however I have seen a pear from USA.

3 Likes

USA has had quite a few food related stamps. My favorite ones were the soda fountain and delicioso :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Croatian post recently (2018.) started to issue stamps depicting Croatian protected agriculture and food products for each region etc.
2020. issue
2018. issue

6 Likes

Yeah, the most recent food stamps from the US are the fruits and vegetable forever stamps:

I usually end up adding at least one fruit stamp to every postcard I send out since I tend to use multiple stamps rather than the round global forever stamps.

And I agree with @sonataca that the Soda Fountain and Delicioso stamps were pretty good. I would also add the scratch-and-sniff ones because those were definitely a novelty.

pr17_019

50 Likes

These are EUROPA stamps from 2005. Bosnia & Hercegovina, Republic of Srpska Postal service. I am reading on their web page that this year there will be a November issue themed “Gastronomy”. I will update you as soon as they are published.

20 Likes

Every year Fare Rata issues a scratch-and-sniff stamp and it often features fruits and other local food : banana, melon, orange, coffee, honey, grapefruit, mango, passion fruit.

7 Likes

In Poland we have such serie

52 Likes

I absolutely love this style! Great work from the stamp artist with bringing up such a simple topic into amazing stamps :slight_smile:

In Sweden we currently have one stamp showing food. This one with princess cake

There have been several others of course along the years, but this is the only one available in postoffices now so far that I know.

21 Likes

food is one my favorite themes to collect in stamps :slight_smile: since i love baking, cooking and eating :plate_with_cutlery: :coffee: :cup_with_straw: :chocolate_bar: :cupcake: :carrot: :cheese: :green_salad: of course i like this topic in postcards too :grin:
in finland we have this nice issue 6.6.2018 “finnish flavors”

26 Likes

Hi, these are italian 2020 ones: :yum:
pasta, milk and cheese (dairy association anniversary), Modica’s IGP chocolate

and also some examples from recent years:
2016 Speck

2017 BaccalĂ  alla vicentina, Provolone cheese

2017baccalĂ  2017provolone

44 Likes

“Sweet Canada”, 2019

As per Canada Post:

The featured desserts are Nanaimo bars, Saskatoon berry pie, butter tarts, tarte au sucre (sugar pie) and blueberry grunt. The uniquely shaped stamps are arranged on a recipe card background.

Rich and chocolatey Nanaimo bars have been associated with their namesake Vancouver Island city since the no-bake recipe first appeared there in the 1950’s.

Saskatoon berry pie, notable for the unique apple and almond taste of its fruit, is a true Canadian original. High in fibre, protein and antioxidants, the berries were once a staple of Indigenous people and Prairie settlers.

Butter tarts have become an object of cultural pride in some Canadian communities, with several Ontario towns boasting the best bakers of these sweet pastries.

An indispensable offering at Quebec patisseries, tarte au sucre has centuries-old European origins that were adopted by early arrivals to New France.

Named for the noise it makes while cooking, blueberry grunt has been enjoyed on Canada’s East Coast for generations.

48 Likes

All of these stamps are just mouthwatering! :drooling_face:

I liked these Portuguese ones from a few years ago, about the Mediterranean diet:

39 Likes

The most recent stamps showing food from the Philippines :philippines:

The stamps feature some popular Christmas Eve (Noche Buena) dishes.

From left to right:
1.) Puto bumbong - purple rice cake topped with grated coconut
2.) Lechon - roasted whole pig
3.) Bibingka - baked rice cake with salted egg
4.) Queso De Bosa - cheese that looks like a ball

22 Likes

I shared these Turkish food stamp images in the sandbox trial of the forum. I wanted to share again, now that we have the new forum.

Most of these are part of a regional food series released between 2012-2018 (Turkey has 7 regions).

There’s also a UNESCO City of Gastronomy stamp for the city Gaziantep (released 2015).

And while looking for images of these stamps, I discovered that the Turkish PTT released new food stamps after I moved back to the US. :yum: So these stamps were a nice surprise for me, too! :smile:

31 Likes

@davfv17 Davide, you forgot one of the Italian most loved stamps from postcrossers around the world (or at least, everyone was really happy when I used it), issued in 2014: the Nutella stamp :grinning:

49 Likes

UK stamps

(You could use the stickers to make little characters)

27 Likes

I feel like collecting aaaaaall these stamps, and then go around your countries trying out the food pictured on them! :heart_eyes: Maybe someday…

6 Likes

17 Likes

:slight_smile:

12 Likes