Food on stamps!

Food is such a great stamp subject!
I really like these two stamp series, one with traditional Danish open-faced sandwiches, and one with fish and recipies
mad1 mad4 mad3 mad2

And then there’s these two. The “before” and “after” of food:
gris mad

31 Likes

I remember this stamp about German bread culture. I never bought it though, I never use this value.

efim880671_Z_1_151104789_Briefmarke_Deutsche_Brotkultur_2-60-Eur_800x600

24 Likes

These are Russian food stamps I know (because I managed to buy them that year xD). But now they are all sold. I especially like those which were made together with Argentina c:

23 Likes

This topic is making me very hungry!

2 Likes

I must admit, when I saw the potato stamp with the Queen’s head on it, I thought to myself, what did the Queen think when she saw it?!

Here are some images of older Turkish stamps with food on them!

These below have seemingly high prices: 1000₺ to 5000₺! For a number of years, the inflation in Turkey was very high, and these prices reflect that.

Starting in 2005, Turkey dropped 6 zeroes from its currency and transitioned to the new lira. It appears they continued the series in 2007 with more reasonable-sounding stamp prices:

A great EuropaCEPT food stamp from 2005, before my time in Turkey. I would’ve loved to receive a card with this stamp!

Herbal cures, also from 2005.

I really like seeing this illustration style on stamps.

17 Likes

Lithuania 2020. Cold beetroot soup - Šaltibarščiai.

saltibarsciu-pasto-zenklas-5eeb043c96aec

31 Likes

At present, I haven’t seen Chinese stamps with food patterns. We have flower stamps or animal stamps, and there are other designs.
This is my first comment on this website.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I remember seeing fruit-themed stamps from China, awhile ago… but indeed, with such a rich and diverse culinary tradition, it’s strange that there aren’t more stamps featuring food from China. I think they would be popular! Maybe even scented ones, or stamps that tasted like Sichuan pepper when a person licked them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wow! So you are the first foreigner to talk to me! I’m very happy.

I got this liquor stamp on a card from Portugal. :portugal: :hugs:

15 Likes

Some older US stamps:

Wish we had more designs around cooked foods/desserts like the other beauties in this thread.

Here’s a stunner I received from Spain:

20 Likes

I love this your soup. It is delicious :yum:

Future issue for USPS in 2021. Espresso drinks. These should be scratch-n-sniff. I doubt they will.

30 Likes

As promised, these are the latest “Gastronomy” stamps. It is also the last issue for 2020. Bacon and plum brandy (what else??). I am a bit unnerved by these black portrait busts that serve as platters - they are distracting and take away attention from the main theme on the stamp.

16 Likes

Nom, nom, nom, Slivovitz!

2 Likes

Today, as I mailed off two postcards (one to Belgium and another to Netherlands), I picked up fruit & vegetable stamps. They have pictures of lemons, carrots, blueberries, lettuce, etc.

I am saving these for any postcards I send here in the USA.

My mum in Belgium had these two years ago, the overall theme is not actually food, but contains three food items.

20 Likes

We usually have such boring stamps here.

I was happy to find those 2 the other day. They are probably from a series but Im afraid the lady at the post office will eat me if I ask for the rest of the series. Not the friendliest…

17 Likes

Indeed, they are from a set of four. Many Mediterranean countries issued stamps about food this year as part of a series called Euromed (similar to EUROPA or sepac stamps). :blush:

11 Likes