Favorite stamps picture?

Hi,
I am new on Postcrossing and I like to add my favorite postcards to my wall
But what about our favorite stamps? it would be great to be able to scan and add our favorite stamps picture too .

2 Likes

As far as I know you can only put official postcards on your wall. What a lot of people do is create a Flickr or Zonerama account for things like stamps or postcards from the forums.

3 Likes

so maybe it would be great if we could upload more than one picture just in case we 'd want to add the stamps.

1 Like

You’ll see some people have a practice of uploading both stamps and postcard. I always thought it was a nice idea.

6 Likes

Yes it’ s a good idea , This is what I would like to do , upload both.

You can also show your favorite stamps in this topic:

4 Likes

No problem.

UA-1838639
UA-1842882
UA-1834111
UA-1841609

5 Likes

Yes I did that too :sweat_smile: but I wanted to have them sometimes on my Wall with the postcards uploaded.

I think it would be a cool idea! I take pictures of all of my incoming postcards and post them onto instagram. My handle is @snailmailkait there too. I take pictures of my favorite stamps and add them to my reels :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 Likes

Some postcrossers upload images showing the postcard and the stamps (see Postcard AT-644727), but I’m not sure how they create them. When I tried to put more than two photos into one image file with my photo retouch software, I found it cumbersome.

2 Likes

Yes, I would like to show the image of the card and the stamp together or only the Nice stamps sometimes

It would be nice it there was such a function. Sometimes I am curious to see the cancellations on the stamps I send. This is basically the only thing the sender never gets to see.
Also there is an “as many stamps as you can fit” tag and I find it sad that one cannot see those cards.

1 Like

Exactly!

Yes sometimes I like more the stamp than the card itself so that’s why it would be great to be able to upload one or 2 pictures if we want.

To be honest, I do not care so much about stamps as I do about postcards. Lovely stamps make a nice touch, but uploading stamps seems a bit unnecessary to me.
It’s good enough the way it is.

2 Likes

As you say it makes a nice touch ,I don’t collect stamps but I appreciate when I got a lovely stamp which suits my tastes chosen by the sender .

You might add that info to your profile (in addition to the food that you mention)…I love to use stamps that the recipient is looking for

1 Like

I do it only for my received cards. but I put a collgae together (I use Gimp - but basically it should work with Paint too) Besides the card I put also stamps used, ID number, stickers, Airmail labels, drawings, other extras.

like here someone sent me alongside the card a lovely pressed penny and used lots of stamps on the card. I love to show all the love people put into the cards I received… unfortunately I do not have eough time to do it for all cards yet… but work is in progress xD

3 Likes