Favorite Postcard Books

My first postcard book of Star Wars when I joined Postcrossing 2 months ago. Found it in Typo. It’s actually in black print only but you can color it anyway you like. The paper is of good quality and the size is bigger than the standard postcard. I already sent some of them for official and for lotteries.

2 Likes

These are fabulously quirky cards, and I would be thrilled to receive any of them!

1 Like

So far I only found one postcard book here, about a dog traveling around Indonesia. I sent some as official cards.

Wish there are more postcard books here about my country or other themes like animals or arts.

4 Likes

And now I have my own !!!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love his style of making these look like friend in your room, and so nice moments, interesting light, the person looking like a person, not a distant star.

4 Likes

I just wanted to share my postcard book haul I got from a recent sale I went to.

13 Likes

I recently discovered this set of 24 cheerful postcards with bold patterns and vibrant colors by Brazilian artist Romero Britto (standard size 10x15 after detaching them from the postcard book).
Below a couple of pictures.

8 Likes

I haven’t seen these two mentioned here yet and as a book and language lover I just couldn’t help myself :grin: I just love them:

Call me Ishmael: Sentence Diagrams of Great Literary Openers.
They all have these cute small author drawings on the back as well.

Subtext - 24 Literary Postcards24 Literary Postcards

7 Likes

As there is a Postcard Box Directory would there also be an interest in a Postcard Book Directory? Or should it be included in the Postcard Box Directory, maybe as a separate table?

2 Likes

I just bought The Literary Postcard Book and love it! I think I definitely need the Call Me Ishmael one now too!

1 Like

I came across a few more fun postcard books. Reading is highly addictive by Joost Swarte

And Hugs and Misses: 30 Postcards of Awkward Romance by Wilhelm Staehle.

8 Likes

On holidays I found a creative store and my bank account is happy, that I don’t come here often…

They also had these two postcard books with 100 cards.

(Left: Ein hundert Zitate - one hundred quotes and a peek into the right book on the second picture.)

I could resist buying those, because I believe it’s hard to find the right person for such cards.
The quotes book was just plain text.
The why are you creative? - cards where all diffrent, but still it’s a very niche theme.

(But I bought some washi in that store.)

2 Likes

As you can see from this attachment of a picture from an exhibition of the artist Dario Rubleto’s work, some musicians can, figuratively, anyway, become distant stars.

1 Like

I love this one - wish there were a sequel!

I’ve sent some, but here are a couple of remaining ones …

8 Likes

And then, the predicted James Webb photographing star eating moster will eat those :dotted_line_face:

I’m glad you resisted. They look as dull as ditchwater!

1 Like

Ren and Stimpy! How cool!

I love the Urban Sketchers one. I dont use it as mail and just enjoy flipping through them. Also the Dover art postcard booklets.

This is super cool!

This is my favourite postcard book at the moment: Reading Women

7 Likes

@Johnk60 That’s my favorite as well - I haven’t had the heart to send any from it yet, although I know I could technically just buy another one to replace it. But I just CAN’T, yet! All of them are so lovely!

1 Like