Extremely long travel times

Longest time to arrive was 362 days, to Ghana. But it was first sent back to me by the USPS (I had my return address on it) because the lockdowns had just started and USA was not sending mail to Ghana.
So I waited until USA was sending mail to Ghana again and re-sent it.

Edit: I mistakenly put average time rather than individual time. Corrected now.

3 Likes

I wonder if this is the max, or 365? (ie does it expire on the anniversary, or the day after the anniversary)?

2 Likes

This is my longest traveling card so far:

And the longest traveling to me:

3 Likes

I think I’ve seen cards traveling 365 days in my traveling stats - I’ll have a look again in 4 days. :wink:

The FAQ says: “Expired postcards can still be registered up to one year after you requested the address.”

https://www.postcrossing.com/help/what-are-expired-postcards

1 Like

Only recently one of my cards has been registered after 273 days…

I am glad it “arrived” at long last! :wink:

1 Like

I don’t have the “traveled” section at all! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :unamused: :frowning_face:

1 Like

If you click on Show/hide columns, you should be able to add this .

2 Likes

3 Likes

Super, thank you very much! Sadly I am a “computer idiot” and not into “experimenting” very much.

I am really an old-school card and letter writer! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

The card that took the longest was 349 days to Turkey!

5 Likes

3 Likes

Ha, I DID experiment a little! :smiley:

5 Likes

I have had this one received after 313 days.

2 Likes

I just today got a card from Taiwan that I can’t register!! Dated and postmarked 23 July 2020

Because it’s over 365 days old… yep that’s the error message the postcrossing system gave me when I tried to register it.

The advice was to contact the person by the forum- great when they give you the username in postcrossing but you can’t copy that across :thinking:

I don’t think they’re on the forum :joy:

1 Like

My longest time to arrive was a card to Algeria: sent on March 20 an arrived on July 3rd this year, so it was 105 days “on the road” …

All the best,

Elke (from Germany)

1 Like

The far right column in the “traveling” page contains little green circles. When you click on them, you are taken through the quick-and-easy process of uploading an image of your postcard.
I always do this to ensure that the card’s image is intact. As you know, some postal equipment gets hungry or angry and either chews up sections of the card or blemishes it.

2 Likes

324 days to Thailand:

308 days to the USA:

235 days to China:

So never give up, some cards just take the longer route!

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I received a postcard from Russia in September 2020 which was mailed in May 2019. It was traveling at 490 days before it arrived in my mailbox.

3 Likes

Not necessary.
Just try to register the card and now you’ll get the name of the sender while registering process so you can send a personal message to thank.

Had this some months ago when I received a card which was traveling for more than 18 months so far.

5 Likes