Expired Postcards

After almost 14 years on postcrossing this is a first for me. I received a card from France when I went to register it I was unable to because it has been traveling over one year. Actually it has traveled 2 years 4 days wow :slight_smile:

26 Likes

I meant Iā€™m so hasty, inpatient and always in a hurry.
Even I draw a user who doesnā€™t log in since 3 days ago, I worry if they register the card immediately.

The closing of processing centers actually started with Obama. The processing center in my area, which is the most densely populated state in America was closed under an Obama directive to cut costs. That directive also closed the second post office in my town. We have a population of over 60,000 people with a constantly growing population and yet we have only one post office. Luckily most things can be done online so you donā€™t have to actually go to the post office, but incoming and outgoing mail can be very slow. When they first closed the second post office (and cut window hours at the main one! ), there would be a line out the door to do anything at the post office. Even now, there are times when the blue boxes are so full that mail is falling out and people are still trying to stuff more in. I just started mailing the majority of my stuff at a small country post office on my way to work. But thatā€™s no guarantee either. I mailed a letter to my friend who lives six hours away from me. It took 14 days to get there. :person_shrugging: Yet I see the official post office page on Facebook constantly saying the average piece of mail takes 2.5 days to arrive. Thatā€™s nonsense. It takes 3 days for a first class letter to travel within 1 hour from me.

1 Like

We all wish that there would not be any expired postcards, but there is no way for anyone of us to know if any of the expired postcards actually has arrived to the recipient, and that the postcard is not registered because the recipient does not want to (or for what ever reason).

I have myself received official postcards which have been delivered to me up to 2 years after the address was taken out.

3 Likes

This must be the opposite of expired from a Chinese member I just drew ā€¦

1 Like

It would appear that the senderā€¦well I think we all know.

1 Like

It could be automated registration for whatever reason.

3 Likes

Yes, maybe an unexpected moving, and they chose to have the travelling cards to them to be registered by the Postcrossing team.

2 Likes

It is possible so that they might have many cards travelling at the moment too. Maybe they donā€™t need to send anything to get even, just wait that the travelling card are registered :slight_smile:

But what does this have to do with expired cards?

5 Likes

(Yes, me again (?), you replied by pushing the arrow in my message, so I got an announcement that you replied to me :slight_smile: )

There might be cards travelling to this person, so it can easily happen they get more cards before all their 33 cards have travelled and registered.

Are you suspecting the moderators lie to you?
They are adults and I see no reason why they would do so to strange children.

Maybe talk to the adult who supervises you account, so they can try to explain this better if you donā€™t understand.

11 Likes

Thatā€™s another topic you can see here

and itā€™s just how the algorithm works.

As I experience this myself sometimes I can say that itā€™s not as cool as you may think this is. It means that you have to wait a long time before you get another card again, because your address will be given out when your send cards exceeds your received cards again. It happens when your cards travel slowlier into the world, but the cards to you travel fast.

5 Likes

All members are inactive at the moment, but letā€™s hope for the best, since cards to Russia and China can travel much longer sometimes, so maybe they will come back one day?.. :slight_smile:

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

16 days is nothing. You have to send a postcard even to users who log in only to register postcards (so they may be away for a long time). Im fact, you must send a postcard to every address you request. There is no other option. It is not for you to decide. Please go send the last postcard too.

11 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Sorry, but you have agreed to send the cards.
Maybe the one who supervises your account should change the password and you could use this only together with that person for a while.

It can be a person only signs in to their account when they receive a card.

8 Likes

Can something like this account be reported to the admins for review? I think itā€™s not right for these children to decide if someone is worthy of receiving a postcard based on when the recipient last logged in or other criteria.

11 Likes

You can flag their post so the admins are aware of what theyā€™re advocating.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s not what you wrote above. I based my comment on what you had told us.

4 Likes

Have trust in the system. I donā€™t look at the personā€™s account when I receive an address. I simply send a card. Life is too short for all these complaints. There are other similar places that you can go to send post cards, if you have so many complaints. ??? The administration no doubt have jobs and a life. People always canā€™t afford to buy the perfect card for each and every request. And actually, admin states requests arenā€™t allowed. As a matter of fact, I live in a small rural town, You get something from me, whether you requested it or not. (Again, requests arenā€™t supposed to be suggested, correct?). I donā€™t have anywhere to buy postcards here, except in the summer. Iā€™m retired and canā€™t afford to do allsā€™ bidding. Have a good day and try to relax and enjoy the mail system with its flaws, peopleā€™s situations, and enjoy life. Sat Nam,

7 Likes