Expired Postcards

Thanks Jenny! I appreciate your comments. :blush:

1 Like

I have less and less expired cards… Because many of them are dropping off the system as they were sent a year ago! I really do think I lost forever at least 10 cards in 2020, probably a bit more.

I now have two long-expired cards to the Netherlands, which is really bizarre (active members so they would have registered the cards if they had arrived). I’m thinking of re-sending which I don’t usually do, it still will bother me that the first card didn’t arrive. I know, not much to do there.

I believe that Belarusian post still works quite well.
Of, course, I cannot see expired postcard from USA that were sent to me, however the ones I registered during last months didn’t take so much time for travelling:

Hello, everyone.

I currently have three expired cards.
Two members are active and the third member has been inactive for over a month.

In the past I only had a few expired cards.
I was lucky that the second cards, for whatever reason, still reached the recipient.
I even got a thank you postcard back from a female postcrosser! :blush:

In the meantime I have switched to not sending any more cards.
You have to live with that when you do postcrossing, as hard as it sounds :slight_smile:

Hi, I’ve send a card to Belarus in Septembre and it was received beginning of Octobre …

… and received one from Belarus recently, too.

Just received an expired card recently. It took 198 days!!! From India to Germany:

5 Likes

What happened about expires postcard ??? What is problem ??? Who send or receive? Is not very fast post ?
I have 4 expires.

1 Like

Sometimes postcards get very delayed or sometimes lost in the mail, it’s frustrating when that happens, but remember the majority of everyone’s mail gets delivered.

Lots more to read here:

1 Like

One arrived recently. Russia and recently recibe 3 from Russia.

Oh is time . Ah ufff​:smiley::thinking: more time than usually. Or normally. Thanks for the information.

To add to others’ comments on this - during the pandemic, mail got really chaotic. I suspect sometimes post offices had to close suddenly and a bag of mail just got forgotten. Then, when people return, the bag gets found and sent.

I’ve recently been receiving cards from Russia in the fairly typical timeframe of 40-50 days. But during the week, I got two cards sent from Russia in mid-February, which suddenly arrived.

2 Likes

I have my first postcard of 60 days today. I checked the recipient’s profile and realized she last registered cards on 6 August, about a dozen of them on the same day and nothing since. I wonder why people want to be on Postcrossing when they just sit on these cards. Oh well, just venting.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Postcards that you can’t register (traveling for over one year)

deleted

Not problem I send another .

Has anyone resent a postcard if it expires?

1 Like

Once in a while, but not often - having cards lost & expired is a normal part of Postcrossing.

The receiver doesn’t know the card is missing & you are not expected to resend a lost card.

It’s sad when a card doesn’t make it, but you have to get used to the fact that once you mail the card, it’s out of your control.

Remember the vast majority of cards do make it to their destination and right now especially the mail will be slower as long as the Omicron waves continues - it might still arrive later next year.

6 Likes

You can find the answer in here

3 Likes

Thanks all!

1 Like

Funny enough, I messaged a user the other day to see if a card (60 days travelling) had arrived. They said it hadn’t and was likely lost, so I wrote (and planned to send, still will!) another one.

Today, three days later… I got a hooray message for the card! It arrived :joy:

2 Likes