Expired Postcards

It would appear that the sender…well I think we all know.

1 Like

It could be automated registration for whatever reason.

2 Likes

Yes, maybe an unexpected moving, and they chose to have the travelling cards to them to be registered by the Postcrossing team.

2 Likes

It is possible so that they might have many cards travelling at the moment too. Maybe they don’t need to send anything to get even, just wait that the travelling card are registered :slight_smile:

But what does this have to do with expired cards?

5 Likes

(Yes, me again (?), you replied by pushing the arrow in my message, so I got an announcement that you replied to me :slight_smile: )

There might be cards travelling to this person, so it can easily happen they get more cards before all their 33 cards have travelled and registered.

Are you suspecting the moderators lie to you?
They are adults and I see no reason why they would do so to strange children.

Maybe talk to the adult who supervises you account, so they can try to explain this better if you don’t understand.

11 Likes

That’s another topic you can see here

and it’s just how the algorithm works.

As I experience this myself sometimes I can say that it’s not as cool as you may think this is. It means that you have to wait a long time before you get another card again, because your address will be given out when your send cards exceeds your received cards again. It happens when your cards travel slowlier into the world, but the cards to you travel fast.

5 Likes

All members are inactive at the moment, but let’s hope for the best, since cards to Russia and China can travel much longer sometimes, so maybe they will come back one day?.. :slight_smile:

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

16 days is nothing. You have to send a postcard even to users who log in only to register postcards (so they may be away for a long time). Im fact, you must send a postcard to every address you request. There is no other option. It is not for you to decide. Please go send the last postcard too.

10 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Sorry, but you have agreed to send the cards.
Maybe the one who supervises your account should change the password and you could use this only together with that person for a while.

It can be a person only signs in to their account when they receive a card.

8 Likes

Can something like this account be reported to the admins for review? I think it’s not right for these children to decide if someone is worthy of receiving a postcard based on when the recipient last logged in or other criteria.

11 Likes

You can flag their post so the admins are aware of what they’re advocating.

6 Likes

That’s not what you wrote above. I based my comment on what you had told us.

4 Likes

Have trust in the system. I don’t look at the person’s account when I receive an address. I simply send a card. Life is too short for all these complaints. There are other similar places that you can go to send post cards, if you have so many complaints. ??? The administration no doubt have jobs and a life. People always can’t afford to buy the perfect card for each and every request. And actually, admin states requests aren’t allowed. As a matter of fact, I live in a small rural town, You get something from me, whether you requested it or not. (Again, requests aren’t supposed to be suggested, correct?). I don’t have anywhere to buy postcards here, except in the summer. I’m retired and can’t afford to do alls’ bidding. Have a good day and try to relax and enjoy the mail system with its flaws, people’s situations, and enjoy life. Sat Nam,

7 Likes

At the moment, about 50 per cent of the postcards I send out are expired. I have the feeling it’s getting worse and worse. The fun of postcrossing is slowly going to zero.

2 Likes

Why do you have a feeling it’s getting worse and worse?
You have expired that are still registered later.
At one point I felt so many to USA expired, but it turned better.
Now the same is China again.
I have 6 expired to China and 6 to USA, but now to USA the card seem to travel better.
Do you have certain countries the expired are going to?

And if the fun level is close to zero, maybe have a pause.

That’s the situation.
1 Like

I’m noticing a lot more expired cards myself in my own slots.

1 Like

:sob: