Endgame - How many postcards until you have finished?

Does anyone have a target number of postcards or will you be Postcrossing forever?
I may stop when I have 1000. That will be a lot of exchanges.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll stop when Iā€™m dead. Postcrossing has been a godsend for me. For the past few months, it has gotten me through a very difficult recovery after an accident. And it still isā€¦ my PT is extremely painful and between sessions I check in here, write out cards, or re-read the lovely get well messages Iā€™ve received. Iā€™ve met so many wonderful people here, I canā€™t imagine ever leaving.

74 Likes

Iā€™ll be part of Postcrossing as long as I can afford it and as long as it brings me joy. :hugs:
I canā€™t see myself stopping in the future for the time being. Sending cards is way to addictive :joy:

41 Likes

Postcrossing brings me so much joy and I am so happy to be part of this wonderful community. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m not giving that up after all.

19 Likes

In the UK the cost of postage like everything else has gone up and that is a factor.

6 Likes

I might stop if it all becomes too much but I am way too obsessed with this now! So I canā€™t see me stopping. I still play games I started years ago and I had started collecting postcards as a child, so Iā€™ll be here forever most likely lol

8 Likes

Iā€™ll never stop! Started in June of this year and Iā€™m up to 10 I can send out. Way too addicting to stop. Love it so much

13 Likes

I will probably lose interest eventually as life gets in the way or other hobbies take priority, but it wonā€™t have anything to do with reaching a specific number of cards.

14 Likes

I have always loved writing letters, and as a result, philately.

I will continue with this as long as it continues to bring me joy and I can afford it.

"It has been a great privilege to send pieces of paper, of card, of joy to fellow humans time and time again.

Neither long lines, nor late deliveries, nor increasing postal rates will keep us from our mission to spread joy and love" (Seracker, 2023)

19 Likes

Almost 7000 cards sent now. No intentions of stopping anytime soon :slight_smile:

21 Likes

@Remi_M
I have moved your topic to the appropriate category.
I would also like to ask you to change the headline so that it is clear to other users what the topic is about and so that it can be found better via the search :mag:.
Maybe: ā€œWhen do you plan to stop postcrossing?ā€ or something like that.
Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I definitely donā€™t decide when to stop according to a number.
At the moment I canā€™t imagine not writing cards anymore, but maybe life will tell me when the day has come to write my last cards.

14 Likes

I thought I would stop after 1000 received official cards. But I still contunue, on a lower level as before due to ā€˜lack of timeā€™ and money. But I find it sooo wondrfull to participate that I wonā€™t stop for a long time. And I still have sooooo many cards in stock that wants to be send out :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Iā€™m at about 800 right now, and just a short while ago I thought I would never stop. But in the last couple of months I have sent so many cards to ghosts it has taken away the thrill. Each day I change my mind; Iā€™ll see what tomorrow brings.

8 Likes

At the rate of both these postage and lost card increases, Iā€™d say Iā€™ll stop when Iā€™m tempted to take out a second mortgage just to cover!

9 Likes

I absolutely love postcrossing
As long as I can get the postage at a reasonable rate, I shall continue, itā€™s very rewarding and Iā€™ve met & keep in touch with so many nice people.

8 Likes

ā€œPostcrossing for lifeā€

18 Likes

I promise to myself i will stop from January 1st.*
1000 cards, 2000 cards, now I reached around 7000

*I promise it every year since 2006. Long before Iā€™ve discovered Postcrossing

10 Likes

I think about 1000 cards

2 Likes

I donā€™t have a target number of postcards, but I can see my dedication to postcard writing waxing and waning in the future, for sure. The ever-increasing cost of postage will certainly play a role too. :weary:

5 Likes