Dog ate my card šŸ˜³

Brought my mail in and set in on the couch, then back to the office to complete a task. Came back to find the dog obliterated my new card. I hadnā€™t even looked at either the image or the message. My sincerest apologies to the sender, whoever you wereā€¦

26 Likes

Canā€™t be from me; handwriting looks legible. (Iā€™m guessing it was a picture of a cat).

4 Likes

Hi Mik!

The team can help with this ā€” just fill out the form with as much information as you have about this postcard (kitten stamps, someone from Munich, broad description of what might be featured on the image side of the card etc) and weā€™ll find the right ID for you! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

:rofl: I would say the postcard was from Germany because of the stamp.

7 Likes

From Germany because the registration number begins with DE.

1 Like

Yes it was from Germany and had a partial number so I asked for help. Itā€™s like doing a very small jigsaw puzzleā€¦

5 Likes

Itā€™s offical card from Germany, so wonā€™t be hard to find, just fill the form mentioned by Ana:)
And donā€™t be mad on your dog, it deliberately shared it love for the card in itā€™s own way:)

2 Likes

I know we generally donā€™t show the written side but in this case I think itā€™s ok. I do like jigsaw puzzles and with some effort this one may come back together!!

14 Likes

Your post reminded me of this old videoā€¦

Is your dog called Morgan? :dog:

18 Likes

This might be the reverse side of the card, Bear Bull by Edward Curtis

4 Likes

The US Postal Service used to make puzzle postcards. They are still available on eBay etcā€¦Iā€™ve often thought about buying a few and mailing. Maybe I will nowā€¦

1 Like

Yes, and with 2 lovely cat stampsā€¦

12 Likes

:joy: Greetings to your sweet doggie! :dog: His puzzle-making made me laugh. (Though itā€™s a pity, of course.)

3 Likes

There is a common excuse for not doing homework in the US where a child might say ā€œmy dog ate my homework!ā€ and it looks like now those kids might have some credibility!

5 Likes

I guess your dog didnā€™t like the cat stamp! :joy:

13 Likes

This was so funny to read. Your dog did a very thorough job. :dog: I hope it wasnā€™t the cat stamp that he didnā€™t like. What a nice cat stamp! I wonder if other peopleā€™s dogs have also eaten postcards before. My cat doesnā€™t like the carbs.

I got a giggle reading this thread. Iā€™m confident that postcrossing help will find the sender for you. This incident reminds me of the excuse, ā€œthe dog ate my homework.ā€ Iā€™m retired from the public school system.:rofl:

2 Likes

Well, I have neither a dog nor a cat, but a little 11 month old son and he would looooove to eat my postcards if he could get one into his little hands. He puts everything in his mouth and is fascinated by postcards, so I have to be extra careful where I put them at the momentā€¦ :rofl:

5 Likes

Dog shreds the mail, temporarily loses his toy.

3 Likes

I spoke with the kind sender and my dog will send a heartfelt apology card, postage paid from her allowance money. But Zia did not look very remorseful the other day so it may be a trick to get out of more stern punishmentā€¦

8 Likes