Dog ate my card šŸ˜³

:rofl: thatā€™s too funny :two_hearts:

1 Like

indeed from Germany, because the registration number begins with DE and some numbers 13ā€¦ and also the stamp with the cat is with Deutchland ā€¦:slight_smile: Good luck with the reconstruction it will be quite a challenge
It could be the first postcard reconstruction similar to an ancient pottery technique called ā€œKintsugiā€ (ā€œAs a philosophy, kintsugi is similar to the Japanese philosophy of wabi-sabi, an embracing of the flawed or imperfect. Japanese aesthetics values marks of wear from the use of an object.ā€) :slight_smile:

Well, I donā€™t think youā€™d necessarily need to buy themā€¦ :smirk:

It sounds like your four-legged friend might be able to just transform the postcard of your choice into a puzzle postcardā€¦ ā€“ and it would then be a ā€œlimited editionā€ / ā€œa uniqueā€, tooā€¦ :smiley: :wink:

But I could imagine Zia asking for more allowance money if taking on that job. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

They have beautiful handwriting

1 Like

Mik, I am sorry it happened to you and your dog. but even years later you will remember this postcard, right?)

I guess ā€œthe dog ate my homeworkā€ is still used in English-speaking countries.
recently I saw an oil painting on this topic (author @tasya_kindart).

curious, what about other languages: is the an analogue for example in Germanā€¦

10 Likes

What a fantastic (fitting!) painting! :upside_down_face: :smiley: :grin:
THANKS for sharing :+1: :green_heart:

Interesting question about ā€œan analogueā€ in other languagesā€¦

Iā€™ve been thinking about itā€¦ :thinking:

The most common excuse I heard during my time in school (in Germany) was:
ā€œIch habe mein Heft vergessen.ā€ (= I forgot to bring my notebook.)

In comparison that sounds kind of ā€œlameā€ and much less ā€œover the topā€ than ā€œthe dog ate itā€-excuse. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Vice versa would have been strange! :grinning:

1 Like

Your dog is innocent, the postcards tore itself up! :joy:

2 Likes