Do you have a favorite postcard country?

USA has the best postcards

Finland and Russia have the coolest stamps

U.K. and Japan never disappoint

Honorable mention: Greece

1 Like

My favorite country is New Zealand. But this is so rare.

I love Japanese postcards always. Whether they are photo postcards, art cardsā€¦ it doesnā€™t matter, they are usually exquisite. And I never tire of photos of shrines and temples!

Also, I really enjoy receiving cards from Germany. I donā€™t know if it is a cultural thing, or simply a trait that our German members share, but I am amazed at the breadth of subject matter of many of the cards. My impression is that Germany has a culture of letter-writing that has given rise to stationery with enormous visual interest. I find that their cards are often very strong in terms of graphic design, which I love.

4 Likes

Not really one countryā€¦
Iā€™d say the best postcards are made in Germany, the Netherlands, Russia, the US, Finland, China, Taiwan, Polandā€¦ Unsurprisingly the very countries that have the biggest postcard-writing population :slight_smile:

Other countries may have as talented postcard photographers and artists - but with little to no market to sell them on, they simply donā€™t get to make and publish them :frowning:

5 Likes

BULGARIA!! Iā€™ve only received a few postcards from here, but every time I get one Iā€™m amazed by how beautiful it is. Iā€™d love to visit someday!

1 Like

Honestly it doesnā€™t matter what country the card is from, when itā€™s beautiful and the sender is lovely. But I would say my personal favourites from ones Iā€™ve received from are Japan and Ukraine.

2 Likes

I have a soft spot for Taiwanese and Japanese postcards ā€” there are so many amazing illustrators there! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Finland and Russia!!! people there are always kind and interesting!!

2 Likes

Finland, Belarus, Switzerland, USA, Austria and Australia.

1 Like

Finland, Germany and Russia.

Eastern Europe : Russia, Ukraine, Belarus. They always have fascinating cards especially their maxicards! Also when it comes to their native cultures represented on them

Also Australia for their animals on maxicards

2 Likes

I always get beautiful holiday postcards from eastern europe. I wish holiday postcards were just as popular as holiday cards in the US without having to go online to buy them :pensive:

When a postcard from a Postcrossing Country falls on my doormat, my heart skips a litlle beat (!)

3 Likes

I lived in Japan
I am Chinese
So I would like Japan and Chinaā€™s postcards :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Say clearly i just get one card at my home right nowā€¦ so I donā€™t say which is my favorite country of cards that I want to likeā€¦

My favourite cards are from Belarus, Russia, Finland and Iceland :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I like landscape scenerys from Finland and Iceland and illustrated cards from Belarus and Russia.

Illustrated cards from Russia and Finland. They also have lovely stamps.

3 Likes

Not one! Italy, Greece, Ukraine, USA, Poland, Portugal, Norway, New Zealand ā€¦ and probably other landscapesā€¦

3 Likes

My favorite countries have always been Russia and Belarus but unfortunately I canā€™t receive mail from there at the moment. I also like postcards from USA, Australia, Sweden, Norway and my own country.

2 Likes

I love all postcard. From all countries.

4 Likes