Discovering the World through postcards - a new project for students from Russia

Thank you very very much, @AprilShorty @anon95639744 and @Alyonushka-SPb :grinning:

Some more cards arrived today and we will read them tomorrow. Tomorrow I will post here to say all of you, amazing people, thank you! :heart:

2 Likes

I’m so glad my card arrived in time! Happy to hear that it went so well!

If it’s not to late, I would like to participate.

2 Likes

Hello, this arrived today from your student Sofa (Sofia?).Thank you so much! I loved the stamp with the leopards (and the card, too).

2 Likes

@AprilShorty I’m in Pennsylvania, USA and I just received a postcard from Russia yesterday! I mailed one last week and asked at the post office if they were sending to Russia and China and I was told yes.

1 Like

Hello dear ! :raising_hand_woman: Postcards from America for this project were sent via Italy because we all thought that America couldn’t send postcards to Russia. :woman_shrugging: Try to clarify this issue with other American postcrossers and on the American postal website. Postal workers can sometimes make mistakes. But would be wonderful if you are right ! :grin::love_letter::airplane::love_letter:

3 Likes

Hello there! I spoke to the postal man at the post office in downtown Pittsburgh. I was told, “packages and some “business” type mail is going “pony express” (slow), post cards are being delivered to but to remember, it is out of the US Postal Service hands once landing in Russia”. So we are sending from here.

I then called the main distribution service and asked the main “man” there the same question and he said the same thing. All mail, and most certainly post cards, are being processed and shipped. I then asked if that was true for China as well and was told yes.

Now granted it may take time on the receiving end. And as I said, I received from Russia just yesterday.

20220917_092027
20220917_092010

3 Likes

It was possible to send mail from Russia to America , America had not sent it to Russia before. If everything is fine now, that will be great! :grin::+1:t2::tada::tada::tada:

2 Likes

Thx for the heads up!

Boy, isn’t that the truth … Drives me nuts sometimes :frowning_with_open_mouth:

1 Like

Good to know :grin:

This card arrived yesterday. Would that be from your student Sofa?
If so, many, many thanks!

3 Likes

Hello!
Yes, it seems that the postcard is from Sofa :grinning: I will tell her your thanks. Thank you @Mariannin

Thank you @AnnScot :grinning:

Sofa loved the idea of Postcrossing so much that she decided to register on the main site and did that after our meeting.
She will be happy to know that her cards arrived.

Thank you very much! :blush:

3 Likes

Hello friends, wonderful card with my native city was arrived in Italy :it: :grinning: :love_letter::tada::tada::tada: Thank you very much, Sofa :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

Have a good English lessons and a lot of beautiful cards ! :love_letter::love_letter::love_letter::grin:

2 Likes

Hello Ludmilla… this postcard arrived today, I think possibly from a student of yours, Ksenia? If so , please thank her very much! The stamps are amazing too!

3 Likes

Hello guys! Oh , finally the Nancy’s card was arrived in Italy :tada::tada::tada::love_letter: @TwasBrillig It was mailed 16 August :woman_facepalming: so strange , because usually USA mail arrives here around one week :woman_shrugging: But important it was arrived safely! Card is very very beautiful :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: @anon36272606 now time to wait it in Russia :flight_departure:

3 Likes

Thanks for being the intermediary @Alyonushka-SPb!

2 Likes

Thank you very much @Alyonushka-SPb and @TwasBrillig :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello Ludmilla, if your students are still interested in postcards, i am in rural northern California and would enjoy sharing our view. Just let me know to whom i might write. Hope it hasbeen fun! Katy