Discovering the World through postcards - a new project for students from Russia

Unfortunately not. See the Postal Monitor.

2 Likes

Thank you @GrauBunt - I’ll check it out so thanks for the link!

1 Like

@GrauBunt - OMG! There are 18 countries that the USA does not mail to. What does one do if PC gives you an address to a country that we don’t mail to?

1 Like

With official Postcrossing you will not receive addresses from these countries.

2 Likes

Hi @Alyonushka-SPb - @GrauBunt helped me out so now I know that I do need help getting my postcard to Russia. Just PM your address & thank you so much for helping out.

2 Likes

Thanks @Alyonushka-SPb - PM your address and I will mail a card in an envelope to you to include in your group to @anon36272606. Just need to know - is the 10 x 15 a maximum? Because most of my cards are at least 10.5 x 15 or 10 x 16 or even larger. Sadly, most of the US seems to subscribe to the theory that big is better, and super-sized may be best of all :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Don’t worry dear , It’s just that if the postcards are about the same size, it will be easier for me to put them in one envelope to send to Russia. Your size it’s perfect :love_letter::two_hearts:

2 Likes

And now, thanks to the kindness of strangers, I have sent a card to your class too!

1 Like

@AprilShorty and @TwasBrillig I sent you pms, please check your inboxes. Thank you very much for your participating!
@Alyonushka-SPb a huge thank you for the help!

2 Likes

Hello!
I will love to send your students a lovely postcard!
I will try to write the postcard in Russian:)

Hi Lyudmila!
I’m also a teacher and would like to participate. I can send you a postcard from Bulgaria. We’re organising a meetup on October 1st in Sofia. I’ve already done two poscard writing activies with my students. For most of them it was the first time they wrote a postcard and stuck a stamp. Count me in, please!

Hello!

I am also a teacher, from the UK.

My form group would be happy to send a card! Please keep me updated :blush:

Your students will discover the Netherlands as well ! :tulip::sun_with_face:

Hello Ludmilla!
I would love to participate in this great project. I’m in Paris region.

Hello,

I would love to recieve a postcard from Russia! I wish I could send you one back, but sadly the USA will not sent mail to your country.

1 Like

Dear Jennifer, @anon95639744 , as I’m already told here , I can help , I still waiting 3 cards from different countries to send them in an envelope to Russia from Italy . If you want , send me pm . Just please one card standart size , no more then 10×15 cm . If Ludmila is agree too @anon36272606

1 Like

@Mariannin
Your postcard from Ireland is ready to be sent to Russia via Italy :love_letter:

1 Like

@Alyonushka-SPb thank you very-very much for your help! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hello dear friends!
First of all, thank you very much for participating in this project!
The date of the meeting was change and this amazing event happened today, 2 hours ago I came home from that. It was unforgettable and great meeting, because of you, great and kind people! Thank you very much!!! :heart:
Today, at this cold (+6°C) and rainy evening some girls came to the meeting. They came there not knowing what would happen and what new they would know. They did not know what Postcrossing is and why it was created… They did not know who you are…
During the meeting we were travelling via postcards, visiting your countries, discussing and learning how amazing our World is!

These wonderful postcards arrived yesterday, so it was surprise for girls. If you only see their happy faces!!! They hold the cards like treasure! They could not believe that these little things flew from another country, from the big World! Amazing! I can’t express my feelings when I saw their smiles and eyes! :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::grinning:
Thank you very-very-very much!!!
We wrote our cards and went to the post-office to send them. It was one of the happiest evenings for all of us!

We have decided that it’s only beginning and we will organise such meetings in the future.
Thank you so much for opening this amazing world of Postcrossing for my students! Hope that you will like postcards and messages on them. :wink:

13 Likes

Hello guys! @AprilShorty and @anon95639744
Your wonderful cards was finally arrived today in Italy :love_letter::love_letter::tada::tada::tada:

I will wait few time for card from @TwasBrillig and will mail it to the Russian school :blush::love_letter:
@anon36272606 I hope very soon all cards will arrive :airplane:
Cards are really amazing :wink:

4 Likes