Decorating Envelopes and Handmade Envelopes

These are lovely :blush:

1 Like

Today’s envelope decoration😀

30 Likes

I make my own envelopes for penfriends. At the moment I am using up old crafting papers that my old mum was clearing out. The envelopes shared on this thread are simply stunning. I am inspired and finding myself hoping that one day I am a lucky recipient. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

33 Likes

These are some that i have decorated. ( the last one is upside down haha )

18 Likes

I decorated another one, and this time the theme is on mushrooms.

11 Likes

48 Likes

My passion - to create mail art, using premade envelopes, folded art papers, wall calendar art, photo pictures I fold to create mail art & I add US postage stamps that fit the theme of the artwork, photo, my artwork, rubber stamping. Sometimes I add stickers, washi tape. For sent to address/mail label, I use Fiskars paper shaper scissors. Gives creative fun. I enjoy viewing mail art by artists for inspiration. Thank you for sharing your photos.

Mushroom time :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

44 Likes

You destroyed the system. :wink:

1 Like

There was a system? :scream:

As a thank you for the postcard, I sent a thank you card.
Here is the envelope from that time.
Blue is for men, pink is for women.
Chiyogami(Origami) paper is used to give it a Japanese feel.

25 Likes

These look wonderful

2 Likes

This envelope is fantastic! Really wonderful work :smiley::heart:

1 Like

Some of the latest shipments…

41 Likes

35 Likes

Here are a few of my decorated envelopes sent out this week.

20 Likes

During one of the lockdowns I bought a coloring booklet. I thought it might be a nice and meditative occupation to put colors into the nice pictures. But… I never did. :unamused: I felt bad about the beautiful pictures lying around. Now I got the idea to make envelopes out of them.
This is how the unused pages look like now… and I feel a lot better about my failed idea of meditative coloring. :innocent:

23 Likes

And now as autumn with wind and rain is coming to my country I feel like doing more handicraft and writing. I must confess I had a baaad handicrafts attack. :grin:
Since I love living with the season I wanted to do something autumnal. I took pages from an old dictionary to fold envelopes. For the autumn themed pictures I saved some nice gardening magazines from being taken to the used paper bin. And my friend who wanted to get rid of them was happy about my upcycling project. :wink:
Here are the results…

And this is how it looks like when in use:

41 Likes

Nice. :+1: Quite the same about me. I think I already told it once on the forum :thinking:. I got 2 coloring books from a friend but this is not truly my kind of stuff so… I decided to offer some pages to pupils and do envelopes with some others. I still did not do it as I already have some pockets to recycle and do envelopes from them.

2 Likes