Decorating Envelopes and Handmade Envelopes

I just found this thread and, well, I had never really thought of fully decorating the envelopes before!!! So I got inspired and yesterday I did this one:

I know it’s so simple, and I still have to add some last details, but I think it turned out so cute :heavy_heart_exclamation:

26 Likes

I noticed some of these people had wax seals on their envelopes, I have not tried sending letters with wax seals. Is this possible?Will the machine not be damaged?

I just discovered this thread and I am really impressed. There are a lot of talented people here! I like the postcards but… Now I think I like more decorated envelopes xD Besides envelopes allow you more personalization than postcards. Thanks to all of you who share your designs with the community!

@Alkaid-Ritter I have received some postcards with wax seals (Spanish meetings) and it is not a problem, maybe slightly split the edges of the seal.

1 Like

It can depend on the country, some need to pay non-machinable fee.
I have sent and received many. There are differences in the wax, some are very “bendy”, so you can almost fold those in half and anything doesn’t happen. If you do the seal straight to the envelope, it will be stuck there very well, you can’t take it off without tearing the paper.

1 Like

Made a while ago

20 Likes

Thank you.I will try it once.

Hello,

I searched and there is no general handmade envelope thread, so here it is!

Show us your handmade envelopes :slight_smile:

Yesterday, I made these 14 envelopes out of free Art AD flyers from museums :

25 Likes

What an amazing envelopes you have!
I think it might fall near this topic :

I don’t know whether there is a difference between decorating and fully handmade :thinking:

5 Likes

@Xute

Oh, I thought Decorating Envelopes thread was mainly for decorating on envelopes and not about Handmade Envelopes. :thinking:

When I searched, there were two threads about handmade envelopes but they were with certain themes like Handmade Envelopes with Nature, and so on.

So, I thought a separate general overall Handmade Envelopes thread would be good :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

More handmade envelopes made from free Art AD flyers

13 Likes

Made out of leftovers from gelli printing and washi tape:

10 Likes

When I send a envelope to someone, I alway decorate it before sending out.

19 Likes

I had some interesting wrapping paper left. So decided to give collaging a new try. But why oh why did my paint go blob on both!?? :rofl:

11 Likes

Using paper-cutting and color pens.
Sadly didn’t have stamps with matching theme…

4 Likes

It is time to go for an Easter theme. :grin:

17 Likes

A bit of a retro style:

12 Likes

Playing with the gelli plate:

17 Likes

Very simple decorations with old stickers that don’t stick, so I glued those. The hello text is paper piece, not written.

19 Likes

Looks amazing. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow! You are all so talented. I am mindblown. Eliza (my child, who this account is for) enjoys making her own envelopes and usually paints on hers. Here’s her latest Anne of Green Gables envelope.

28 Likes