Decorating Envelopes and Handmade Envelopes

I think this is the right place for this topic.
When sending letters or postcards in an envelope, do you decorate it? Do you make your own envelopes? Do you match the stamps to the envelope? Please share your art here!

This is one of mine, unfortunately, I ran out of the global forever stamps with a pink flower! That stamp would have matched the theme better.

77 Likes

Hi! I make my own envelopes (:blush: (And decorate them) I don’t match the stamps with the envelope but try to send as much stamps as possible.

I love this pink envelope you made!!

image|340x293

31 Likes

Your envelopes look wonderful!! I use 3+ stamps when the person I am sending to is interested in stamps.

7 Likes

I make most of my envelopes. And decorate them.
I sometimes make liners for the inside but rarely…
Its really fun to decorate them, especially since you’ve more room to design when compared to a postcard. :relaxed:

I’ll take a picture soon to share.
Usually I add an extra 15¢ in stamps because my envelopes are usually ‘nonmachinable’ and I don’t want them to get lost or returned. Haha.

Lovely envelopes you two have shared!

9 Likes

I love to make and decorate envelopes. I usually use maps, wrapping paper, washi tape, stickers… these are a few I made a few months ago.

132 Likes

I like to make envelopes and draw or paint pictures of my dogs on them

166 Likes

What I did some years ago. Number 2 and 3, I made the envelope with scrapbooking paper and my Envelope Punch Board by We Are Memory Keepers.

54 Likes

That We R Memory Keepers Envelope Board has been a gamechanger for me, too! I have made envelopes out of old maps, calendars and menus - very little paper now goes into the recycling at our house…it all gets made into envelopes. :grin:

Your envelopes are lovely, BTW.

14 Likes

Yayyy!! I love decorating everything, postcards and envelopes and photos etc… sometimes I found myself that I am paying to much atention to decorations, as not everyone likes it. But still i love doing that!

90 Likes

I only make envelopes from old magazines and try to find colour-matched stamps, way simpler look than wonderful designs shown here!

57 Likes

46 Likes

For those who make their own envelopes, do you use a template?

5 Likes

I use the Envelope Punch Board by We R Memory Keepers.

33 Likes

When I make envelopes I use a pair of scissors, a ruler, a glue stick, a postcard for size and paper. :grin:

Edit to add:
No template. :wink:

11 Likes

I have made myself a template (working with A4 papers which most I found online would not work with). I cut them with my plotter. Recently I recyceld 2020 calendars to envelopes.

Not hard to guess what the themes of the two calendars were :rofl:

56 Likes

I used templates before I knew about this so nice tool.
What is great with the Envelope Punch Board is that you can’t only make many different sizes of envelope but many other things : bows, different types of boxes, packages … There are so many nice tutorials on Youtube for it.
I’ll try to use templates again with the Silhouette Portrait for envelope I want with any illustrations I want printed on it.

4 Likes

Nice!

I did mini envelopes with calendar too. Lali Riddle calendar, and other envelopes with a calendar sent by my australian penpal and craft magazine.

42 Likes

I send envelopes rarely, but few days ago I wrote a letter to my friend and decided to make a nice envelope for it.

32 Likes

33 Likes

Love your drawings!