December 9, 2023 - Rochester (SE MN) meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Rochester, Minnesota
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Rochester Public Library (101 2nd St SE, Rochester MN 55904), 2nd Floor Meeting Room
:calendar: DATE: 12/09/2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1:00-3:00 pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:
Let’s meet at the Library this time - I reserved the 2nd floor meeting room from 1 pm - 3 pm. The 2nd floor is connected to the Civic Center Parking Ramp (on 1st Ave SE) and all of downtown by Skyway, parking is free on weekends.

Bring your favorite postcard(s), washi tape, stickers, stamps, pens. We’ll have a space to trade/recycle as well. For the spirit of the season, feel free to bring some Christmas cookies to share as an after-lunch snack. No obligation!

A meetup postcard is designed and shared in post #24 - just scroll down.

“This event does not occur in partnership with, nor is it endorsed by Rochester Public Library or the City of Rochester."

8 Likes

Tagging previous attendees (or those that signaled interest but couldn’t make it). I hope it’s a snowfall-free weekend for those with longer drives …

@salemhouse @adna55906 @jdkreuter @DeeMN @sleepyhippo1 @Angeliz @mlubbers @KristinaGisela @caseycat @debim @jafferty @yarenicolee @SilverHare @nancy-ann @cathybest @CarrieJoJo @sosa_sami @waydowneast @Lynneizle @Ravenofsunshine @squince

3 Likes

I’ll be there! Let me know if I can help in any way.

I should be able to attend.

See you there! I’ll come early this time; missed the last one in June :sunglasses:

You are amazing for organizing another meetup, Sandra! I am a wimp when it comes to winter driving so I won’t be able to attend this one. I hope it’s a great day! :smiling_face: And I’ll keep my eyes open in case there is one in the summer - it was so much fun in June!

Ohhhh Yes! I think I can attend so please save a spot for me :slight_smile:

As far as planning ahead is possible, I am thinking of doing one the weekend after Labor Day in September 2024 to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Brothers Mayo stamps!

I totally understand your reservations about winter driving, though … Not a fan either and if the Twin Cities are calling for whatever reason, I double and triple check road conditions and the weather forecast way too often.

2 Likes

I want to attend, please save me a spot! Last meeting was so much fun!! I come from the Twin Cities so hopefully it doesn’t snow too bad. If its really bad that weekend, I will probably have to miss but for now, count me in :slight_smile:

Thanks for tagging me! I’ll definitely be there provided the roads are good since it’s a 3 hr drive for me.

Weather permitting @Maslover12 and I will be there

1 Like

I’d love to attend, yes! I’ll be there. Thank you!

I had so much fun at the last one! Sadly, I’ll be out of town for this event but I look forward to getting together in the future :smile:

I tried to attend the last meeting and I waited at the restaurant for about an hour, but I must have been mistaken. I want to attend the next get-together so please let me know. Thanks. Dee Onnen

We will definitely be in the library room for the allotted time frame. I am sorry it didn’t work out last time.

I will be in Minneapolis for a wedding that day. Hopefully can make it to the meet up but may need to leave early.

We would love to have you! I hope the roads will be clear.

Hello, I’m from the Milwaukee area and it sounds so fun! Put me down as a maybe? I’ve missed the last three meetups in my area the past couple months and I’m going into meet up withdrawal haha! Will meet up the cards be available for purchase, or do you tend to give out a few to each attendee? Just for planning purposes, thank you! Winter driving doesn’t bother me too much unless it’s a really bad snow storm, so we shall see!

I am usually asking for $0.25/card to offset printing costs. I really hope it’s not going to be another Midwest blizzard weekend!

1 Like

Wonderful-- I’ll be there. Thanks so much for organizing!
Justin