Curious San Francisco Primary School Students Seek Postcards From Around the World!

Hello, Postcrossers!

My name is Betsy Fowler, and I am the 2nd and 3rd grade teacher at San Francisco Schoolhouse, a progressive elementary and middle school right in the heart of S.F. This year, my class will embark on a year-long social studies project where students will send and receive postcards from all over the world (as well as the United States!) Our aim with this project is to explore how geography influences culture, especially the culture of a city. We would very much appreciate a postcard from your corner of the world.

Through this project, we hope to learn any of the following facts about your region:

• a geographic feature that makes your region unique
  • the major industry/industries in your town/city and how they came to be
  • the story behind a landmark
  • a regional cuisine
  • a historic or popular figure from your region (fictional or real)
  • a famous tale/proverb/song
  • a phrase from your language/region
  • information on local flora and fauna

For every postcard we receive, a student will plot its origin on a giant map and add it to a binder so that we may look back at these cards and share them with other classes. And who knows, we may even try playing postcard bingo!

If you would like our class to send you a postcard from San Francisco, please be sure to include your name and address on the card you send. Our kids love to write postcards just as much as they love to receive them! :smiley:

Thank you so much for helping with this project and broadening the worldview of another class of eager, curious children! Know that these projects create unforgettable memories for students. :heartpulse:

Here is our school’s address:

address temporarily removed by moderator due to inactivity

57 Likes

I love these projects! Count me in from Upstate New York!

3 Likes

A card from Holland -The Hague is coming your way!Love these projects!

3 Likes

Will send a card from Philadelphia with the Declaration of Independence on one side and Independence Hall on the other (faintly!)

2 Likes

And from small town in Czechia :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One card from Iran…

2 Likes

I will send a card from the UK. This sounds like an amazing project!

2 Likes

I will send a card from Japan. :blush::jp:

3 Likes

Card from Finland coming up! Had to stay up late and write to you though it’s past midnight, bc my local postbox is emptied 8 AM and I had to get this going. I love these projects! <3

1 Like

I will send a card from Minnesota.

1 Like

Happy to send one from Virginia! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I will send a card from New Mexico!

1 Like

Happy to send a card from Ohio!

1 Like

I will send a card from Bavaria, Germany. Happy to join! :blush:

1 Like

I will send one from Pasadena, CA!

1 Like

I will send a postcard from Japan!

1 Like

I’ll send a card from the Philippines!

1 Like

Desde el sureste de España os llegará otra postal :es: :airplane::love_letter:
From the southeast of Spain another postcard will arrive.

2 Likes

I will also be sure to send a postcard from Virginia!

1 Like

I will send a card from The Åland Island :slight_smile:

1 Like