Crafts with old Postage stamps

@Leonie24 fabulous use of those beautiful stamp edges! Love the variety of ways you have used them to create cards.
I use those edges too, but on the back side. To frame the address and/or to create a stamp-related link on the written area. Always fun to use them, and glad to not waste them. Sometimes, they are fun to overlap with a variety of size, colour, shape to frame the text. Then on the edges I add a flower or a butterfly or a book or some other appropriate sticker.

1 Like

I’ve been experimenting with resin doming. These are some stamps I’ve turned into magnets. It’s difficult to show via the pictures because of the reflection, but basically the stamps are hard, shiny & like plastic after the process

17 Likes

That’s interesting & the Owl is Wow(l)

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words! It’s also a good idea to use them on the back; I love all your ideas and the ways you use them, thank you for the inspiration! :smiling_face:

1 Like

I received this from @bstb in Germany, she custom made it to my interests. I absolutely loved it!

8 Likes

That $0.17 stamp of the grain elevators I would love to own one day if you’re successful making it into a magnet!

1 Like

Very beautiful, i have saved so many stamp edges from sheets and Miniature sheets, I’ll definitely try this idea
This extra stamp edges are called “Gutter”

1 Like

Fun Sunday, made these cards with damaged stamps

16 Likes

I make stereo postcards or “stereograms”.
Binocular vision allows the brain to perceive a visible picture from postage stamps in the form of a three-dimensional image.
With the necessary focus of vision, the same as when viewing stereograms, you will see a 3D effect, that is, instead of 5 postage stamps in each horizontal row, there are full-fledged 6 postage stamps.
How to watch stereo pictures correctly, there is a lot of information on the Internet.

2 Likes

Greetings to all.Another postcard with old stamps and a stereo effect, thanks to the location of the stamps themselves. The postcard is supplemented with a secret inscription visible in ultraviolet.

4 Likes

How do you make stereograms from normal stamps? I’d love to learn that.

Good morning! Everything is very simple. Only a small - sized sheet of postage stamps with the same plot is needed . Any such sheet has a stereo effect. With respect. Maria.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried making a postcard out of old stamps, then scanned it and printed them with a website like Zazzle?

1 Like

This card got registered recently

3 Likes

Wow that is amazing!!!

I made a few more lately

20 Likes

Made stamp collage with damaged stamps

11 Likes

Saw this dress made of stamps in a museum. Made in 1935

22 Likes

Oh wow!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow! I’ve seen a stamp dress in Paris.
https://collections.museedelaposte.fr/fr/notice/2006-58-1-robe-de-bal-en-timbres-poste-4952c00e-2a6d-4f53-9535-6ec6e899a7c9
But the one you show here is even more amazing!

3 Likes