Countries you want to see more postcrossers

—Swiss and Austria (Österreich)
German-speaking area. I want to try my German.

—U.K.
It is placed on 13th for rankings of sent postcards but I don’t feel so much. I believe they have a lot of contents, in music, celebrities (including royal family), comedy and other entertainments.

—Korea
It is close to our country and cards will be delivered faster than China (sort of)

So, how about your opinion?
Not only mentioning country’s name but also write the reason why do you think so. I would be appreciated then.

13 Likes

Central Asian countries.

7 Likes

I want to see more postcrossers in Africa because you can seldom see African users.

25 Likes

Central and South America

12 Likes

Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan? Could you let me know why do you think so?

7 Likes

Both! I love the cultures and languages so it makes me sad to not see any Postcrossers from there(not any I’ve come across). I have interacted with one user from Uzbekistan here but I wish there were more. It would be very nice to exchange mail with those countries that are not so common, have rich history, interesting cultures, and delicious looking food. It would just be a very fun experience to have more Postcrossers from there. The only thing that is not so nice is the time it takes- months. Worth the wait though! I also agree with @shootingstar7 on the Central American and South American countries. I personally would enjoy since I speak Spanish but don’t see many Postcrossers from there here and I am much more closer to those countries than I am to Europe.
Of course, these are just my personal reasons why.

6 Likes

Africa, Latin America, France and many more.

6 Likes

Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Zimbabwe, Canada, Mexico

8 Likes

More South Asian users from countries like Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Pakistan.

9 Likes

India, Pakistan, Madagascar, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand

7 Likes

Oceania

5 Likes

All countries with not zo many members. :grin:

6 Likes

Madagascar, French Polynesia, India, Italia and Japan.

3 Likes

All countries except Russia, USA and Germany.
Especially all countries in Africa, South America, South Asia and around the Mediterranean Sea.

4 Likes

I would to see more postcrossers from African countries, South American countries, and the islands in the Caribbean, South Pacific, and Indian Ocean.

5 Likes

African countries!!

7 Likes

Thanks everybody. It would be grateful if you tell the reason why.

1 Like

Id like to see more North African and Middle Eastern participants…they have unique animals, lots of archaeological sites, cultural elements, lovely Islamic art. I traded for awhile with a German working in UAE, the cards he sent are terrific!

6 Likes

I’d like to see more Central/Eastern Asian, African and Pacific Island countries as they’re so rare to even find a direct swap request with too

1 Like

I just returned from a work trip in the Middle East (Kuwait and Saudi Arabia). Only the most determined Postcrosser could survive in those countries. I tried to send some cards from both of them. Most postal workers didn’t even know what to do with the cards. In SA, the price of postage was over $/€ 10 per item. In Kuwait, I was asked to show my “civil identification card” before the postal clerk would even speak to me. There were no stamps for sale at the post offices, shops didn’t sell postcards. Now you know why we don’t see many (any) Postcrossers from those places.

28 Likes