Countdown to 76 Million Postcards

This is where we can make our guesses as to when we think the 76 millionth postcard will be registered on Postcrossing. Please make your prediction in UTC format. Anyone is welcome to change their prediction as often as they want to.

17 Likes

Okay, itā€™s easy to avoid seeing other guesses, being so fresh in this new countdown.

I asked the oracle of the Hidden Society of Postal Workers, and they told me: donā€™t cheat and do your own math. Well, some factors are known, others arenā€™t, so any first guess can be a good one

989,495 to go

15:24 UTC

a card from CA to RE (because maybe we learn to care more, this year)

8 Likes

Iā€™m going to go a little earlier. 21st March, 15.21 UTC.

4 Likes

Some interesting events are here again which may affect for our destination of 76 million cards. February is known for lettermo so some users may send more cards than usual to send a card per day. Also we are having leap day this year so I want to go with it just for fun even though Iā€™m sure itā€™s too late. :grin: Early I mean!

29 February at 4.07am UTC.

4 Likes

Iā€™d forgotten about the leap year. I shouldnā€™t have, because one of my children was born that day. Iā€™ll stick with my original guess though.

9 Likes

Iā€˜ll say March 17th, 13:01 UTC!

4 Likes

March 26th 2024, 7:55 UTC

Thatā€™s relatively late for the fact that statistics say these month are the ones with the most sent cards, but I think traveling time of postcards will increase and therefor Iā€™d like to be a bit pessimistic. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I accidentally put a emoji-sticker in my calendar app on 1. March, so I take this as a sign and will go for 1. March 20:24 UTC

And now I have to find out how I put stickers and how to remove them again (I just have this new phone since Christmas.)

5 Likes

22.03.24 Fri 03:17 (UTC)

2 Likes

As an idea.
@Florallle = 21/03/24 15:21
@Stevyy = 24/03/24 15:24
@greenskull = 22/03/24 03:17

LSG indicator (Louise, Stefan, GreenSkull) = 22/03/24 19:20 (as the average of these three predictions). Most likely, the Moment of Truth will be no further than 1 day from this indicator (in any direction).
If one of us changes the prediction, the LSG will also change.

6 Likes

9th of March at 3:20pm! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Well, my spontanous thought was about the 13th March - but given the professional opinion Iā€™m gonna have another look at my crystal ball ā€¦ but it says, ā€œpht, stick with your own fortuneā€ (though it might be a bit early) ā€¦ so hereā€™s my prediction:

March 14th, about 2.14 pm! :innocent: Good luck to all and us! :four_leaf_clover: :globe_with_meridians: :mantelpiece_clock: :postbox: :pencil2: :notes: :musical_note: :notes: :notes: :notes:

7 Likes

April 1st :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

At least then weā€™d have reason to eat some double piece of :pie: on that special day (ignoring the ā€˜wrongā€™ way of date-writing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

5 Likes

Each country has its own standards.
For reasons of political correctness, I use one standard or another.

2 Likes

I think you misunderstood :slight_smile:
Itā€™s 3.14159ā€¦ day :grinning:
:pie:

5 Likes

Iā€™m estimating 21/03/2024 02:44 UTC

3 Likes

Well, I didnā€™t do such a great job last time, but going to try again.

March 19th Tuesday 3:19 (UTC)

3 Likes

March 26 is my brotherā€™s birthday, so I suppose this time I will guess 26 March, 17:30 UTC. I love these threads!

3 Likes

Well Iā€™ve updated my jiggery pokery and come up with 22.03.2024 17:00 hrs
As that seems to be in the correct ballpark Iā€™m going with it. Good luck everyone (Iā€™m sure its luckā€¦)

2 Likes