Corfe Castle Meet-up - Saturday 19 October 2024

Hi folks! I just realised something that you will know and I don’t! :woman_facepalming:t3::joy:

When other folks request a meet-up card swap - do they mean that they want a blank postcard that they can use themselves? Or do they mean that they want one with all the signatures on it from the meet-up? :thinking::face_with_monocle::grin:

Thank you! :grin:XXX

1 Like

For me the meetup card does not have to have all the signatures! But I’d like it written.

I think “written” and “stamped/signed” by everyone who is there is how most people like to exchange those cards! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree with @Robin67 - most people would like it not blank. For myself I can say, that I prefer if there are not stamps, but also a few written words :grinning:

2 Likes

I cannot not tag this! :joy: Just ignore if not interested. :grin: I have no idea if this is available outside the U.K. though. :thinking::face_with_monocle::grimacing:

Also tagging @Kaydee just in case she might be interested and might be able to view it! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Do you like archaelogy, @TeaCakesAndBooks ?

1 Like

Hi @Kaydee, Time Team started when I was in my early twenties and it’s a British national institution now, so like many others, I got fascinated by it! I enjoy history and the archaeological side is sort of part of that for me! :grin:

1 Like

I’m sure I took the idea for the meetup card list from @JennyAssis :joy: and how she organises her meetups.

I’ve just had a look on the meetup tab and this meetup isn’t appearing.

2 Likes

It’s more special to have the stamps/names of the people who attended. The meetup everyone will sign or stamp each others cards. A stamper helps as could be signing hundreds of cards

Normally there’s still a little room to put a short hello.

As the organiser you might end up with some spares that don’t get signed. I’m sure people will still be happy to relieve them and I have for sure send some blank ones before with a longer message.

3 Likes

They want to swap one of their cards for one of the meetup postcards signed by the attendants.

2 Likes

Hey! I now think i’ve made a plan with public transport, please can you add me to the list and please can you put me down for 15 cards?
Thanks so much! x

2 Likes

I’m not sure what @TinyMouse means? :face_with_peeking_eye::upside_down_face: Am I missing something? :crazy_face:

Could I put my name down for this meet up - and get 25 cards please. x

2 Likes

On the main website, under the explore tap.

This meetup isnt on the list for the upcoming meetups in the UK

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone who answered my question! :grin::pray::hugs:

It’s lovely that we have so many sign-ups already - it will be so nice to meet you allllll!!! :smiley::heart:

@TinyMouse - Ahhhh, thank you…. I see what you mean about the calendar. I might be wrong here but I think I might have soaked up some information that I didn’t realise I had soaked up?!? :bulb::nerd_face: I think @Mundoo adds meet-ups to this calendar nearer the time??? :thinking::face_with_monocle: Correct me if I’m wrong. :tipping_hand_woman:t3::upside_down_face:

1 Like

There are already meetings listed as far ahead as August 2025 though? :thinking: Hopefully @Mundoo will see this and add it :gift_heart:

1 Like

Hi @jobloggs! Oh, yes, I see what you mean! Thank you. :grinning: I have nooooooo idea wot goes on behind the scenes really! :woman_shrugging:t3::joy:

2 Likes

No me neither :rofl: But i know when i organised the Bristol meet, i didn’t need to do anything to get it added to the list, it appeared magically! :magic_wand:

2 Likes

While I am here……

I am a hugger so tell me now if you don’t like being hugged by a strange yokel! :scream::joy:

1 Like

Thank you for the help @TinyMouse and @jobloggs - I appreciate it! :grin::hugs::gift_heart:

That’s okay. Really looking forward to this meetup. Can I go for 10 postcards please :slight_smile:

1 Like