Christmas/holiday stamps

Also I’d like to brag about stamps on these two gorgeous postcards which I received from Russia recently. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

I think this one is one of my favourite Xmas stamps. So cute! :heart_eyes_cat:

9 Likes

5 Likes

The image is by celebrated Canadian folk artist Maud Lewis and it’s called “Team of Oxen in Winter”. It was part of a series of three stamps issued by Canada Post for Holiday mail in 2020. This particular stamp was the one issued for mail going to the United States; different images by Maud Lewis were used for mail going to Canadian and international destinations respectively.

Even though it’s defined as a Christmas holiday stamp, I have tried to use it as much as I can on postcards I’ve sent to the United States. It’s a bigger, more colourful design compared to the prevailing definitive stamp design for the United States – a tiny stamp featuring a mountain landscape from Mount Kootenay National Park in British Columbia.

For those wanting more information on the Maud Lewis Christmas stamps from 2020, there’s more information featured in the article below from our national broadcaster.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/holiday-stamps-maud-lewis-christmas-canada-post-1.5786241

There’s a wide variety of Christmas and Holiday themed stamps available on the Canada Post website year round, and I wondered if it mattered to American and international Postcrossers to see them mixed in with other stamps on received mail at other times of the year.

1 Like

Very few of the official addresses that I drew in Dec had xmas on their wishlist so I sent almost no Christmas postcards or stamps. I am trying to use up stamps before buying new ones and today I was tempted to mix Christmas and Valentine, but decided against it. I dont think I will ever get rid of those Santa stamps…:frowning:

1 Like

An issue of China Post, with coordinates of a Christmas themed post office in Mohe

3 Likes

I’m still waiting for them to arrive :cry: I ordered back on the 16th of November, expecting them to arrive within 2 days, but they’re still not here.

Apparently there’s been a problem during transit, these things happen, but it’s very unfortunate timing, I have cards sat waiting to be sent :christmas_tree::postbox:

1 Like

Have started sending mine which are based on popular Christmas carols. These are this year’s - I’m also using old ones :christmas_tree::santa:t2::snowman:

5 Likes

Some Christmas (themed) stamps on my outgoing cards. :christmas_tree: A snowflake indicates domestic Christmas rate (cheaper, 1,50 €), but you can use snowflake stamps on international cards as well as long as you add 0,80 € or 1 € to cover international rate. The domestic Christmas stamp with elves going to sauna is really cool, because the latern one of the elves is carrying glows in the dark.

8 Likes