Chester,Virginia meetup November 11, 2023

CITY/REGION: Chester, Virginia
MEETUP PLACE: Old Dominion Postcard Show - Chester Campus (Please note: FYI - for the November show, Jefferson Davis Highway has been changed to “Route 1” on all road signs. At Brightpoint Community College (formerly John Tyler C.C.) new name, same location: 13101 Jefferson Davis Highway, Chester, VA 23831
DATE: November 11, 2023
TIME: 10 am
MEETUP PLAN:

Hi all,
I am planning a meetup to occur at the Old Dominion Postcard Show. The entrance fee for the show is $5 however, if you are not attending the show we are meeting in the lounge area just outside the door.

44th Annual Old Dominion Post Card Club Show & Sale, Hours Fri 10-6, Sat 10-5. For information contact Mike Uzel uzelsells@comcast.net or (804) 720-0937. Donation $5 Many dealers will have 25 cent boxes.

Meet-up postcards will be available for you to autograph and send to your friends and yourself.

The show is two days, but the meet-up will be on Saturday.

There will be snacks available but please bring your own drink.

Bring your friends and see what a Postcard Show is all about. email me for more details at ezrestexas@aol.com more information is below. If you wish to receive a postcard from the meetup please email your mailing address to email above or message ezredax on [postcrossing.com ]

I look forward to meeting you there.

Demaris Swint
ezredax

More info.
What are we going to be doing?

• Spend the time getting to know our fellow postcrossers
  • Share our postcrossing experiences/stories
  • Postcard swapping
  • Sign designed postcrossing meet-up cards
  • and of course…write as many cards as we can to send out t
    Share our postcrossing experiences/stories
    Postcard swapping
    Sign designed postcrossing meet-up cards
    and of course…write as many cards as we can to send out to the world!
    What should I bring? (not mandatory, just some suggestions)

Pens, markers, stickers, washi tape, decorative stamps etc. (anything you like to write or decorate cards with)
list of addresses to send too.
Postage stamps (so we can mail as many cards as we can!)
Postcards to trade/swap
Postcards you would like to send out at this meetup
Postcards you want to show off
A smartphone/iPad/tablet for connecting to postcrossing.com
The ultimate goal of this meetup is to share our collective joy of postcrossing, to make good, positive, and wholesome connections with another human beings, and to spread that positivity and happiness to our fellow postcrossers across the globe!

2 Likes

I’d love to go, I’ll bring my husband @JShue12 also. We’ve never been to a postcard show.

HI,

You will love it. If you have a rubber stamp with your name or screen name on it, do bring it. There will be lots of postcards for you to autograph.

Enjoy the Day!
Demaris

1 Like

I will be there!

Hi

Be sure to bring your rubber stamp with your name or screen name on it. I look forward to seeing you.
Demaris

I’ll be there! Can’t wait

I plan to attend, depending on my work schedule. When the meetup gets closer I will let you know for sure.

Hi,

I hope you can make it. I look forward to seeing you.

Demaris

HI,

Be sure to bring a rbber stamp with your name of screen name on it. There will be meetup postcards for you to autograph and mail.

Enjoy the Day!
Demaris

This sounds so cool! I might drive up from East Tennessee - does the $5 need to be paid each day to get into the show?

Hi,

The meetup is free. We will be meeting just outside the show. The show is $5 and is good for both days.

I look forward to meeting you,
Demaris

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’ll be there.
Kathy

1 Like

I’ll be there! Looking forward to seeing you all.

Dana

Hi Demaris - I’m going to try to come on Saturday, but we have a wedding that afternoon, so it will be a quick visit!

Hi! I will try to be there!

Hi, my name is Cindy. My husband and I will be driving from Virginia Beach. This will be my first postcrossing meetup. I love hearing from people all over the world. I look forward to meeting some people and signing postcards. Take care.

Yay! Finally a meetup I can get to! Look forward to meeting fellow postcrossers! Any suggestions on where to get a name stamp? -Patty

I got mine at rubberstamps.com

I am new at this postcard signing . Why do people sign all the postcards I thought postcard signing was from One person to another? please confirm.

When we have postcrossing meetups, everyone gets a postcard or a few to sign. That way you have a little momentum of the meeting and everyone who is there. Some people collect signed post crossing postcards and it’s kind of fun to round robin the cards while everyone is signing them.