Chester,Virginia meetup November 11, 2023

Hi everyone! I’m not from the USA but my brother and my SIL live in Virginia and I would really love to have a postcard from a meet-up there. Would anyone be happy to send me one? I am happy to do a swap for it. Thanks!

Hi,
I would love to swap a meet up card.
In return you can choose from a meet up card from this weekend in Bielefeld. It’s signed by the participants.

Making my plans to attend my first meetup! Three years into this hobby, and thoroughly enjoying it. – Bill from Virginia Beach

Thank you for Responding . just to be sure ,people bring postcards to share with the other attendees and then everyone signs the post card ? That would mean each post card could have multiple signitures ? If I’m understanding this correctly, there wouldn’t be much space to put on information about each person who is signing the card?

It’s really depends. Some people have postcards made specifically for the meetups and that would be the one that everyone signs.

www.rileyprint.com is also a good place to buy rubber or self-inking stamps.

1 Like

i am sad to announce the passing of demaris swint (aka ezredax). she passed away on october 30th. i do not know what will be happening with the november 11, 2023 meetup. she will be missed by the postcrossing community. asking if people will bless her family of sending a condolence card. her memorial service will be held on november 8 in alamo texas. please send a card to her family at:
Swint Family
PO box 746
Alamo, Texas

1 Like

Hello,
This is Chris, Demaris’s daughter. I have some postcrossing Meetup cards for york and Pheonix
. Is there anyone I can send them to.?

1 Like

hi there and sorry for your loss.
i can put out a message to each board to se if anyone would be able to take over the meetup. you can set them off . i was planning to attend the phoenix meetup. you can send the phx ones to me. my addresses is
Sam-Quito Padilla
P. O. Box 114
La Joya, NM 87028

1 Like

Thanks

Hello! I got the sad news yesterday and I ended up ordering 500 postcards for the Chester meetup. Chester meetup will still be happening.

Chris - So sorry for your loss.

Thanks,
Jacy

1 Like

So sorry to hear. Condolences and sympathy to the family.

1 Like

I’d be happy to send you a meet-up postcard from the Chester Virginia meet-up, assuming we have postcards to sign.
Demaris, our beloved meet-up organizer, passed away October 30. All the cards for the meet-up are in her home. Her family has no idea what cards need sent where. We may not get cards in time.
Please send me your mailing address to
kathymccormack56@gmail.com
and I’ll do my best to get a card sent to you.
Kathy
PS; Love the black cat, reminds me of my cat Bob that passed on 20 years ago.

1 Like

So sorry to hear about Demaris. Jacy thanks for getting cards. My husband and I will be there.

1 Like

I received the postcards today. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Demaris will be missed.

3 Likes

Looking forward to my first event. Newbie here. Traveling from Raleigh, NC. So sorry to hear the news. Look forward to meeting some new friends.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing everyone today at 10.

It was a great to meet old friends and new ones. What a great turn out. Thanks to everyone who showed up! If anyone has the picture the was taken at the meet up feel free to send :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to have met everyone, and thanks especially to those who stepped up for the organization and cards! Happy Postcrossing! --Bill

1 Like

Here is a group photo.

1 Like