[Chat] Pull up a stump and set a spell, pop by for a cuppa and natter

That’s a funny coincidence! I wonder whether there are any Postcrossers living near me…?

When I used to geocache I went to my first meet up in the next town along and there was the lady who lived in the house diagonally opposite to us!

3 Likes

I didn’t have you down as a Take That fan Martyn! Enjoy! They came to our school when they first started out, so I’ve met them, but never seen them in concert x

3 Likes

Have an amazing time. I hadn’t realised they were performing again. Too much for you to hope they’ll be selling Postcards at the merch stand, I guess! :joy:

3 Likes

We had a band come to our school in a similar way - trying to increase their profile by visiting girls’ schools - but my year group wasn’t included and I can’t remember which band it was. Maybe Let Loose or something with initials…? Whoever they were, the marketing strategy obviously didn’t work for them like it did for Take That!

2 Likes

There’s a youtube channel I used to watch… Kitten Academy - the people fostered kittens, but the bloke is allergic to cats… however, takes stuff for it…

Postcrossing just reminded me it’s been 3 years since I joined :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

13 Likes

Yes, he does take medication but it only alleviates it a bit.

1 Like

Congratulations! Happy Postcrossing Birthday!

2 Likes

Just noticed Postcrossing is nearly at 77,000,000 received postcards :partying_face:

11 Likes

That is an unbelieveable amount of postcards :postcard: , but it brings us all so much enjoy :slight_smile:

6 Likes

A shame that my work trip to Madrid didn’t get me to the city in time for this Spanish stamps show / exhibit on the Plaza Mayor. It closed just a couple of hours before I landed!

8 Likes

You get a work trip to Madrid?! My last work trip was to Melton Mowbray :rofl:

6 Likes

Try public sector, we don’t even know the definition of a work trip!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

:rofl: You’re not selling it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

…good pension? :rofl::melting_face:

3 Likes

Good holiday entitlement might swing it!

4 Likes

A perk of working in a university study abroad office! A long-standing exchange partner university in Madrid is marking its 50th anniversary with a conference today and tomorrow. My manager went to Australia in March to visit our exchange partner universities there.

That’s another perk! I get 25 days’ leave, plus 8 bank holidays and 6 closure days, per year.

6 Likes

Just passed this on to a local semi-professional photographer who recentlystarted to produce postcards of local views.

I’ll take the pension. :person_raising_hand:

2 Likes

Just remember us when you’re retired at 58 and able to be a lady of leisure writing postcards all day :rofl:

4 Likes