[Chat] Pull up a stump and set a spell, pop by for a cuppa and natter

Hey @coffeedoff - click on your picture in the top right hand corner, and then on the person icon on the far right hand side. Then ‘Preferences’ with the cog wheel, then on ‘Profile’ on the left hand side menu to edit your profile. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@candyflosscurls

thank you I managed to get my favourites and collections on my profile

1 Like

@Coffeedoff To find users Click on the hamburger at top right (three lines) then click on users then insert the users name you want in the search box.

If the user has not moved over from the old forum or if there is a different name on the old forum you need to do a search on the old forum for that name there and when you find their profile note the name they have on their profile which points to their official profile then come back here and insert that name.

3 Likes

@fisherman

Thank you I have sorted the addresses for BITE we have lost several members :frowning_face:

maybe they will come back at a later date

2 Likes

Shrove Tuesday (AKA pancake day) tomorrow! :yum: Is anyone making pancakes? :pancakes:

2 Likes

Yes! We had pancakes on Saturday, American style, made by my boyfriend but I think my boyfriend’s Mum (who lives 5 mins down the road & we’re in a bubble with) is making some crepes this evening :yum:

2 Likes

Pancake bubble sounds promising, Alys! :pancakes:

2 Likes

Hi everyone, definitely making pancakes :pancakes: today, and it’s also my (lockdown) birthday, which just means more cake :cake: :grinning:
Sorry for jumping in like this, I’m Anja in Cambridge and I’ve been lurking in this topic for a while :wink:

4 Likes

Happy birthday Anja hope it’s a good one for you and you enjoy the pancakes and cake :cake:

This year is my first as a vegan after a long time as a vegetarian- I think pancakes might end up disastrous so it will be just cake for me today!

1 Like

Happy Birthday!

2 Likes

Belated happy birthday, and for the rest, happy unbirthday!

If anyone else is lurking, feel free to jump in, but don’t knock the chairs or cuppas over!

1 Like

Thanks for the wishes, as nobody gave me any physical presents, I’ve spent my ‘birthday money’ on postcard boxes and stamps! How sad is that :wink: but I’m happy! I found some older Harry Potter stamp sheets and some funky fruit, those should brighten up my cards. (Being careful to buy ‘mint’ not ‘unused’ stamps of course)

@anon12505293 I’ve successfully made simple vegan pancakes with Gram flour (+water & oil). You just need to accept they will have some degree of chickpea flavour, but they were not bad at all.

2 Likes

I LOVE the funky fruit stamps! They are so much fun.

1 Like

I sent a card (GB-1352987) to Turkey and it arrived in 6 days which has really surprised me! It’s the first card I’ve sent there.

Has anyone else sent cards to Turkey? What have your travel times been like?

1 Like

Been a while… 5 days in 2012 was the quickest. Many within the week or so… So good speed!

That’s great! I was expecting a couple of weeks. Such a pleasant surprise :grin:

I don’t know if others have seen this request from the Postcrossing team for short videos of people choosing/writing/posting postcards, but I’ve sent in a few short videos.

That’s brilliant. My one an only to Turkey took 51 days last autumn and my 6 received are in the 12-47 range.

1 Like

What good tags have people participated in recently? I did a bunch last month for Month of Letters, but now haven’t sent Postcrossing postcards in a wee while so I have itchy fingers!

2 Likes

Two of my favourite tags are still going strong in the new forum: Blue tag and Poem in the Post tag. Took part in both last month and received some great postcards, Alys.

2 Likes