[Chat] Pull up a stump and set a spell, pop by for a cuppa and natter

I used to sort by country and have 3 large boxes of them, but it’s gotten away from me the last year or two and now everything I receive is lumped in together in another box (unless they’re in one of my collections). I don’t want to think how long that box would take to sort out and file away now!

But I confess to recycling some cards that aren’t proper postcards, or are just old or ugly.

4 Likes

I give them to my mother who runs an art class: they are perfect for collages.

1 Like

You could see if other Postcrossers want them - as a lottery giveaway or perhaps on the trades and offers part of the forum?

1 Like

This UK charity accepts new and used cards,although you probably would need to send them by post.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, but sadly, it would be too expensive. A neighbour works with the youngest children in a local school. I shall probably ask her if they can use them. If not, I’ll go back to what I’ve done before and send the stamps to the bone cancer charity.

1 Like

Good evening all. I just wanted to share the coronation themed post box I found in Scarborough this weekend , it certainly made me smile :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

Sigh I’m looking through my archive of personal correspondence , and just found a postcard I sent from Wales to Belgium in 1995 - for:

25p

Wow, just wow!

17 Likes

I’ve come home from work to a fee to pay card from Royal Mail. I owe £2.50 due to the sender not paying correct postage. Intrigued! I’m going to pay the old fashioned way with postage, and see what comes back…

5 Likes

I had one of those a little while ago it turned out to be a postcard from Germany the sender didn’t pay postage as well.

3 Likes

I doubt the folks at the Delivery Office get many people sending their cards back with postage attached, let alone someone part paying with two Sir Malcolm Sargent 15p stamps from 1980…

10 Likes

I did this one a while ago…!

19 Likes

OK, that puts my effort to shame! :rofl:

3 Likes

Hahaha! Not at all :grin:

2 Likes

And you knew that photo you had taken would be useful one day! :laughing:

8 Likes

Nice to know I am not the only one who’s had to pay to receive an international postcard/letter… :unamused:

1 Like

So do you post that or take it to the delivery office?

Mine where red cards with details of the office and I paid cash at the delivery office counter for the items.

These grey cards made a comeback during the pandemic due to the scam text messages.

2 Likes

I’ve popped it in the post.

1 Like

£2.50 = no postage paid (fake stamp?)? I had a £1.50 to pay for underpaid…

Awesome story about a late postcard delivery on BBC news today

5 Likes

I think a significant part of the payment due is admin charges :confused:

1 Like