[Chat] Pull up a stump and set a spell, pop by for a cuppa and natter

Sorry to hear you haven’t had a positive experience recently, that’s a real shame.

Anyone fancy joining the ‘springtime’ group over in The British Isles RR?

We need two more participants! And it only costs 68p to send a card instead of £1.85!

1 Like

Had a weekend break in London for a Sparks concert. Stood only a couple of metres in front of Samuel West, and also not far from a Letter Box Study Group enthusiast…

Wandered around London… took loads of photos of postboxes! Didn’t buy postcards though.

3 Likes

Off to skullduggery this morning in Stowmarket library to listen to Rebecca Trope a British author met through postcrossing…

1 Like

Is she the author who wrote the Cotswold house-sitting mysteries?

1 Like

Yes that right. Lovely Lady

1 Like

I enjoy her books. Must have been an interesting morning.

1 Like

Happy summer! Yes, summer has OFFICIALLY started. It must have done, cos my cricket season has started. I umpired my first game of the season on Saturday, and forgot my sunhat so am bright red :slight_smile:

And so I shall, for the next few months, confuse foreign postcrossers with cricket-themed cards!

5 Likes

Was in London recently, and had a nice half-pint of cider at Lord’s!

1 Like

Thank you so much @Bayrisches-Madl for the postcard from the meet-up on the 30th April :heartpulse:

It arrived last week but in the midst of getting stuff ready to move so slow to doing everything at the moment!

It was really very sweet of you and absolutely made my day :blue_heart: So sorry I couldn’t be there with you all - it completely slipped my mind if I’m honest!

Hope preparations are going well for your move xx

2 Likes

Hello folks!

Tomorrow I am off to Canada for a while (potentially up to two years) to travel & work so won’t be participating in the British Isles things for a while.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for making this a really welcoming place, it’s been a fantastic space to participate in over the last year and loved meeting some of you in October at Stampex too :blush:

I’ll be back - but let me know in the meantime if you fancy a postcard from Canada!

9 Likes

Safe travels… Pop by now and again for a cuppa!

1 Like

We would love to hear your experiences locating postcards in Canada etc - keep in touch x

1 Like

Enjoy your travels, Alys, I am sure you will have an amazing time. Who knows how long you’ll stay. When we came to the UK, the plan was to stay for one four year contract. Fast forward 20 plus years and I a still here ;).

1 Like

Have a wonderful time, and I agree, please keep in touch.

1 Like

Safe travels, Alys! Please pop by for a cuppa and a natter when you can!

1 Like

All the best for your Canadian adventure, Alys! :canada:

1 Like

What an adventure! Have an amazing time, Alys! So exciting! :world_map::blue_heart:

1 Like

Ah you’re all so sweet - thank you!!

3 Likes

Who’s got the most beautiful postbox? Some knitters have adorned this postbox near me with a crown in celebration of the Queen’s platinum jubilee. Does someone else have postboxes like this in their area? I’d love to see pictures.

@chrisbonham11 , if you’d like to visit this postbox on your way to the Queen graffiti, it’s in Hawkedon Way, just off Rushey Way. The two of us live in a very arty area!

9 Likes