[Chat] Pull up a stump and set a spell, pop by for a cuppa and natter

This is what Paulo has said:

"As it has already been mentioned, we have removed the blog post with the announcement of this year’s contest winner while we investigating an issue with the design.

We are acting as fast as we can, on what is a complicated and difficult situation. For the moment we ask you to not print the design. As soon as we make a decision about this, we will issue a statement with more information."

It’s in the thread “Show us your World Postcard Day 2023 designs” if you want to read more.

4 Likes

And I already sent in an order for that card…
And it already got shipped out :rofl::rofl::rofl:

At least it was just 36!

2 Likes

Not ordered anything yet. Thank goodness. Once they release a new design I can either continue with the order or I will refund those who have already sent me money if you’d prefer. Sorry about this!

4 Likes

What a scandal! My goodness.

1 Like

It’s not your fault! Are you happy to keep the money till we know what the new design is like?

2 Likes
4 Likes

It’ll be a collector’s item. Use it for lotteries etc. And it’s possible it will still be usable for official postcrossing, because it was an image that could be used freely from the internet.

4 Likes

I was going to offer it as part of a giveaway for WPD :rofl:
So participants would either get the winning card or my friend’s design (no choosing of course)

Back to the drawing board for now…

Happy to if you are happy for me to keep it. I’ll leave it in my PayPal balance ready to order the new design. :blush:

2 Likes

Blog post from Ana and Paulo on next steps for the WPD postcard design contest: The World Postcard Day design contest

4 Likes

would you be ordering more for the other design haha!! would love to buy some too if you are :slight_smile:

I probably will, drop me a PM and we can discuss

1 Like

Me too! I live near Glasgow, so everywhere else is so far away

ETA: would people be interested in a Scott WPD meetup? For the end of the UK further away from London!

4 Likes

Yes I would be! :scotland:

1 Like

Yes I defo would be!

1 Like

Hmm, I’ve never organised a meetup before. Any one got tips?

Yes! My best friend lives in Glasgow, so an opportunity to see her too!

1 Like

Depending on when/where I would be interested. I’ve been wanting to visit Scotland again.

New design is here! Let me know if you’d still like me to order you any cards & how many via PM!

6 Likes

I ordered mine already!
72 in total since I’m helping @twinkletwonkle order as well :laughing:

1 Like