Can we still sent cards/letters to Ukraine?

I know the situation at the moment is unfortunate, but please can postcrossers STOP creating topics about mail suspensions to Ukraine and Russia!

It’s annoying to scroll through the forum to see all this and its making @meiadeleite & @paulo and any other forum moderators work more difficult. Have faith in the work they are doing!

The UK is still continuing to send post to both countries and I will continue to write postcards if I draw an address from either country.

25 Likes

is there a “no politics” rule or anything in the forum? I had Ukrainians posting in my RRs (no large statements, just things like “stand with us”, “don’t be silent”, “we need help” etc.) and they got deleted by admins. I just wanna know because other people are now posting links to organisations that collect donations etc. I don’t know how to react as a host.
Thank you!

People are scared and looking for help. It’s not politics for me. It’s human. I’m ok with the messages.

5 Likes

The Ukranian post just confirmed today, that most post offices are working again with just a few exceptions. [source] For these exceptions the neighboring offices will take over or store the mail, until they themselves open as well (mentioned in a previous update).

Just checking what the post offices in the target countries are announcing can often answer all questions on its own already.

3 Likes

There are “no political wars” and “no country bashing” rules on the Forum Guidelines, so if the posts fall on that category or are off-topic on your RR, please feel free to flag them as such.

1 Like

While I do understand that you want to treat everyone equally regardless of the current war situation, I don’t think it’s fair that Ukraine doesn’t get to receive postcards and Russia & Belarus do. It’s just my opinion.

3 Likes

It is not up to Postcrossing whether postal services can deliver their mail into certain countries. :frowning:

9 Likes

It’s not fair but it’s not Postcrossing decisions. Mail to Ukraine has been cancelled by postal companies in other countries since they are not receiving mail at this moment, as you can imagine.
The Postal Monitor is updated based on information provided by postal companies in each country. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah I know. But it’s Russia’s fault that Ukraine post doesn’t work.

3 Likes

Infact Ukrainian Post is actually getting back on its feet, many countries are still sending and receiving from Ukraine.

5 Likes

It‘s not the Russian postcrossers‘ fault.

19 Likes

That’s beyond postcrossing team control I’m afraid

I’ve moved a few posts from the Sending postcards to Russia and Belarus here, since they were more about the ability of sending mail to Ukraine. I botched the move though and did a bit of a mess in the process — sorry about that. :flushed: Things should be good now.

I recently pulled up all the Ukranian IDs in my SENT and RECEIVED folders. I sent a message to each of them, stating I had Sent or Received a card from them in month/year, followed by a message of support and concern for their well-being. Most of them quickly responded with thanks and a short description of their current situation and fears. Postcrossing has provided a way for people of the world to have direct contact with citizens of Ukraine during this frightening time.

51 Likes

What a lovely idea!

2 Likes

I have a card in route to a postcrosser in Ukraine (sent a few days before the invasion). I sent her a PM Monday that I’d drawn her address and was thinking of her, her family, and her country. She was able to reply today and it was both the kindest and most heartbreaking message! Without sharing her exact words, she was very happy to know we were thinking about her and Ukraine.

You inspired me to message those I’ve sent or received from as well - a small gesture of support like that can be really meaningful.

11 Likes

personally I think your reply is rather uneducated, I also think I know a. Little bit of what I am talking about.epecalkybsinve I was in the military for 16 years and on a couple of occasion have been on training exercises with Ukrainian military and I will Guarantee you 99.98 % of those who invaded don’t want to be there and yes are just doing their job the job that pays the bills for their loved ones back home the bills that feed them clothes them house them and pay for stamps and postcards to postcross with . If the didn’t do their job they will ether be locked up in military jail or much worse but a postcrossing forum. Is NOT the place to talk about that

I will also guarantee you that 100% of those who got invaded don’t want to be their fighting , protecting their homes and country I’m sure they would rather be doing their job too spend their money an all the same things

So instead of being a bit of a sillybilly let’s pray, or meditate if your not religious to a swift end to hostilities that no one else dies on ether side and they can all go home to their internationally recognised borders and get on with enjoying life to the best of their abilities and send postcards to the rest of the world

8 Likes

It won’t be the start of WWIII, it’ll be the start of Cold War II.

These RU/UA threads are really keeping the admin and moderators busy.:joy:

1 Like

Very good idea! I’m going to do that also.

There’s another update from Ukraine Post, from yesterday:

https://e-export.ukrposhta.ua/ukrposhta-vidnovlyuye-mizhnarodnu-dostavku-import-ta-eksport/