British Isles Tags - Thank You Thread

Thanks very much Fi @CountryWoman for the fabulous osprey postcard from the BI Reverse Chain Tag. Wonderful photo.

1 Like

Thanks go out to @MartynHst43277 for this card which shows two mailboxes, this was sent from the BI Tag group.

Thanks Martyn

4 Likes

Thank you @BriJN for the Flowers (skunk) card from the Chain letter tag.

And thanks for the I Spy card from @geo_ - you have the most amazing handwriting! I heard about Postcrossing as it was suggested as a good hobby on another forum.

4 Likes

Thank you Rhiannon @jobloggs for these fab cards for the BI Tag :blush:

I love the super cute Easter Bunny card for my Bunny collection & the Buxton Crescent card was a lovely surprise as we didn’t get chance to buy a card for our collection when we were there (thanks to the dreaded covid!) Hope you had a great time at the Spa :woman_in_steamy_room:t3: x

3 Likes

Thank you @EmmaEirene for the cards from the reverse chain tag :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you to @Natea and @Eri9

You both sent me some great postcards and spookily enough, you both used the
same 1976 Concorde stamp :joy:

Also thank you and sorry for the delay to @EmmaEirene for your great Aerial post, postcard sent to me in France :fr:

5 Likes

Thank you @Natea for the beautiful wolf from the BI reverse chain tag! I feel like I’m taking layers off and putting them back on again constantly through the day at the moment, it would be nice if the weather settled down a bit but I suppose that’s why it’s such a stereotype that we talk about it so much :joy:

5 Likes

Thank you @MartynHst43277 for this really colourful and cheerful card for the BI tag! I love Garfield and don’t think I’ve ever seen a card with him on! :orange_heart: Great stickers and stamps too!

3 Likes

British Isles Tag: Thank you @Yorkshire_Lad for your postcard of Mount Fuji by Tsuchiya Koitsu! I am a big fan of East Asian art, so this is right up my street! I do like your scratch off foil sticker hiding your stamp. Fortunately I had a 2p coin in my wallet with which I could scratch off the foil! I’m still unsure whether I’ll be able to make the Meet-up in York in July. I’ll let folks know nearer the time.

5 Likes

Thank you @jobloggs for the beautiful beach scene from Tenby which arrived this morning. It was from the I Spy Tag.

5 Likes

I returned from a week travelling in Ireland :ireland: & :uk: to find this beautiful postcard of rhododendron sinense waiting for me. Thank you Tracy @tesc for responding to the I Spy tag…something yellow.

4 Likes

Also waiting for me on my return from Ireland was something else yellow, but from the "I Spy"tag - this beautiful postcard of Húsavík Lighthouse. Thank you Chris @chrisbonham11 for this amazing scene, & the sunflower stamp.

6 Likes

As it is 5 days since the last tag in the [TAG] British Isles Word Chain Reverse Tag, I’d usually pop in and get it moving again. But, alas, I’m away from home and don’t have any postcards :slightly_frowning_face: Would somebody please rescue this Tag?!

4 Likes

Done. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

2 thank yous from me today, for 2 great cards for the I Spy tag

Thank you @garej for this great card of Chirk castle - I’ve only been on a segway once and fell off :rofl: which is supposed to be impossible but I hit a bollard :see_no_evil: So if i visit the castle, I’ll do it on my own 2 feet, sounds like fun for those more co-ordinated! Thank you for the great Harry Potter stamp also!

And thank you @moonraker_girl for this card from one of the most beautiful places I’ve been - the Causeway Coast. I’ve been to all of these places except Carrick-A-Rede which was closed for maintenance when we went - which meant I didn’t have to debate whether I was brave enough to cross it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I really hope you enjoyed your holiday there as much as we enjoyed visiting there! Great stamp of the Giant’s Causeway hexagonal stones too!

3 Likes

Thank you to Andi @Yorkshire_Lad for this wonderful Tower Bridge fireworks card (and my apologies for the delay in my thank you!)

2 Likes

Thank you to @Florallle for the wonderful NASA postcard from the reverse tag! Straight into my collection :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::telescope:

3 Likes

Thank you @moonraker_girl for a card of another beautiful part of the UK for I Spy tag - Anglesey! It’s so kind of you to send me another card! :heart: I hope you had smooth crossings to and from Ireland, I’ve heard it can be quite choppy!

2 Likes

You’re welcome. Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
is the village in Anglesey, Wales with the longest name. I’ve crossed between Wales & Ireland six times, & it’s always been a smooth crossing. Fortunately, I’m a very good sailor anyway.

2 Likes

I’m not a good sailor at all :nauseated_face: but good to hear you’ve had smooth crossings! :hugs: