British Isles Celebrations [BIC]

Look at all those :heart_eyes:
Happy birdie :parrot: birthday :birthday: @tesc x

2 Likes

Look at all my beautiful cards! Thanks everyone! I am so happy to have found this group. I will post in around 2 weeks time about sending some postcards from the Philippines. Hope you are all enjoying the sun :sunny:

5 Likes

Happy Nurses’ Day! Thank you so much @EmmaEirene for your gorgeous postcard of Florence and Parthenope. I have always loved this painting and it’s on the cover of the biography of Florence I have at home so it is perfect! Gorgeous washi tape, too!

I hope you and your colleagues have celebrated yourselves; you all do such a fantastic job!

3 Likes

Happy birthday Florence Nightingale, and happy International Nurses’ Day :birthday::balloon:
A lovely thank you to @mwntimperial for your card of a Queen’s Nurse. This is an award for compassion in the community, and is still given today. I was very proudly nominated 10 years ago when I worked in the community providing palliative care.
As to why I wanted to be nurse? It is my earliest memory - I just always wanted to be one.
This is your beautiful card, alongside me on Friday, in my silver buckle, that I am still so proud to wear after 28 years.

9 Likes

Happy international nurses’ day @EmmaEirene and all our wonderful nurses (including some other BI forum members)! You all do such an amazing job - I could never do it and I’m so glad that others do! :heart:

8 Likes

That’s a lovely message, thank you @jobloggs x

3 Likes

Where is May going?! We have a couple more BIC birthdays approaching fast…

26th @Yorkshire_Lad :postbox: & 28th @Potatosium :black_cat:
:balloon::birthday:

6 Likes

Morning All :blush:

Just a quick reminder… @Yorkshire_Lad will be celebrating his birthday in one week’s time, on Sunday 26th of May :partying_face:

EmmaG x

2 Likes