British Isles Celebrations [BIC]

:tada: :balloon: :sparkles: :confetti_ball: :gift: :medal_military: :medal_sports: :trophy: :tada:

Welcome to the BIC. This is a new pilot thread, following consultation with several members of the British Isles (BI) Postcrossing community – in particular, @EmmaG & @jobloggs

The purpose of this thread is to announce the birthdays/special occasions of BI Postcrossers. Importantly, this thread acknowledges that not everyone celebrates birthdays, and so another annual date can be chosen.

Guidance for engagement:

*If you would like a birthday announcement (the dates will be shared on this thread 1-2 times a month) please message me @EmmaEirene your date. No birthdays will be announced without your consent.

*Other members of the BI community have the choice as to whether to send you a birthday postcard. If unknown, they will need to message you for your address.
Please consider that some members of this community may receive more cards than others, due to longer Postcrossing engagement. Equally, if you have received lots of birthday cards, try and remember others’ kindness. Please label postcards β€˜BIC’.

*Belated birthday cards are very acceptable, recognising that life can sometimes get in the way of postcards (honestly, :wink:)

*There will be no monitoring of sent or received cards. This thread is based upon kindness, and the BI community spirit.

*This thread can also be used to share your own special occasions (i.e. births, new jobs etc), and to say thank you for postcards that are received for an announced special occasion. If you would like me to announce an event for you, I will do so gladly, please message me.

Best wishes, Emma :european_castle:

Note for moderators – Please allow adequate time for this pilot, understanding that we are a small community, and that this thread may move slower than others. Thank you.

13 Likes

Thank you so much @EmmaEirene , @EmmaG and @jobloggs for all your time and thought that you have put into setting this up. It’s a lovely idea; count me in!

My birthday is 10th September (year redacted! :wink:).

I’m looking forward to sending out some cards in the months to come. :birthday: :love_letter:

5 Likes

Many thanks from me, too! A great idea! Count me in as well, please. I’ve PM’d you the relevant date….

Wishing you every success

Charles

5 Likes

What a lovely idea, thank you for setting it up!
Count me in…my birthday is 24 April x

5 Likes

This is a really great idea!! I’ll definitely sign up. My birthday is just over, it was 4th March xx

5 Likes

Yey! Thanks so much for doing this @EmmaEirene I think it’s a lovely idea & hope it will be a great success!

I wonder who’s birthday (or other special occasion :baby:t3: :woman_student: :face_with_thermometer:) will be first :partying_face: x

4 Likes

@EmmaEirene - this is amazing, thank you so much! So great to have a place for good news and celebrations! :heart: :partying_face:

Please add me, my birthday is 6 April! Xx

3 Likes

Lots of messages coming through, which is lovely. This has been very much a team effort, so thank you to everyone involved :sparkles:

7 Likes

Thank you to everyone who has sent their dates and best wishes so far - we have almost 1-2 birthdays every month until September.
As yet, we have no celebrations for the rest on March - our next birthday looks like it is for @jobloggs on the 6th April :balloon: :sparkles:

5 Likes

Thanks again @EmmaEirene for setting this up for us - I’m looking forward to sending some happy mail out! :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you @EmmaEirene - very much looking forward to this group.

4 Likes

This is a neat idea, please sign me up my birthday is 28th January

3 Likes

Hi yes wonderful idea I would love to sign up . My Birthday is the 4th December .:smiley:

4 Likes

Hello @FIFi2341 - that’s lovely, I ll add your name. Our first birthday is fast approaching for the beginning of April :balloon:

2 Likes

If you are celebrating Eid on I0th April,

could you let me know? I would very much like to send you a card.

3 Likes

Hi @FIFi2341 (a slightly belated) welcome to Postcrossing & to the British Isles section of the forum :blush: x

3 Likes

Welcome @FIFi2341 :hugs:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome!

3 Likes

A super approach :clap:
Please count me in - my birthday is 8th May

5 Likes