Bordentown NJ Meetup, 8 Oct 2022

If you can join us, we would enjoy having you. Keep me posted!

1 Like

Updated the Meet-up Information section to include information regarding the meet-up card.

1 Like

It would be great to see you in my neck of the woods, Kay, after joining you at your meetup event in May! How fun!

1 Like

That would be wonderful! Still planning to take on the transportation adventure. :grin:

1 Like

Hi Barbara,
I’m very new to this site… how do I PM you?
I would like to attend, and also buy some postcards.
Thanks!
Linda (in PA)
2rescuedogs

1 Like

I sent you a PM.

The Meet-up Postcards arrived today – earlier than the expected delivery date!
Each attendee will receive a few postcards.
If you desire more, .20 each.

A few people did ask me about paying in cash instead of Venmo or PayPal.
Yes, you can at the meet-up. Kindly request exact change so my “volun-told” cashier doesn’t need to make change. What’s “volun-told” – it’s when someone volunteered you!

Some attendees asked if they can assist at the Meet-up. If you wish to bring a snack to share - that would be great! Thank you.

Finally, I am working a circulation desk at the Library from 10-12pm. If you arrive before 12, I may not have the opportunity to have a long chat with you. It depends on what circulation desk I am assigned to and how many library patrons need staff assistance. The week of the meet-up, I will know and will do an update where you will find me (adult or youth circulation desk) between 10-12pm.

This is the first meet-up event I am hosting and I am very excited to meet all of you.
See you in October! Always, Barbara

7 Likes

I want to attend but not sure if I can make it yet.

Hi!, Kay here from Seattle. I’ll be visiting friends in Brooklyn and am planning on taking the train to Trenton, then the light rail to Bordentown. Perhaps we can coordinate?
Looking forward to meeting Tri-State Postcrossers. :grin: :mailbox_with_mail:
Kay

1 Like

Sadly, I’ve had a conflict arise and I can’t go to the meetup. Have fun!

Paula

Hope to see you at the meet-up!

That’s a bummer! Hoping to see you at another meet-up. I am considering same October weekend in 2023 as the next meet-up I’m hosting. Same location. More details to come.

2 Likes

I’m sorry Barbara but I’m not going to be able to attend. Hopefully next year! You have a great day planned for people and I know it will be a lot of fun

Tracey

Tracey
Thanks for letting me know. You’ll be missed.
I’m strongly leaning towards doing a meet-up next year.
I’ll be asking the meet-up attendees what month is ideal for them in 2023.

Enjoy your day. Always, Barbara

Hi! I would love to receive the meetup postcard from one of the meetup participants. Is someone interested?
Please contact me with private message.

Final details —

Allow me to state how exciting I am to host this meet-up. I certainly hope everyone enjoys themselves and is ready to sign meet-up cards!

A miracle has occurred – I do not have to work a circulation desk on Saturday. This is great news! If you arrive early, I will have an opportunity to chat with you before the meet-up.

When you arrive at the Library – go to the Program Room in Youth Services. It’s our lower level. Take the stairs down or the elevator to B (Children’s). The Library staff is very helpful so my co-workers will direct you to the Program Room.

There’s a parking lot behind the library and parallel street parking in front of the library.
Strictly adhere to the posted speed limit signs and parking signs in Bordentown. A speeding ticket or parking ticket is not the souvenir you want of the area.

If you’re going on the walking ghost tour afterwards, do register. If you decide day of, that’s OK too. See details in the earlier posts about the ghost tour.

Feel free to bring snack to share with others. Coffee, tea and water bottles will be available.

Pens and markers will be at each table. If you need an ink pad for a rubber stamp, let me know so I can provide for you.

You’re welcome to bring postcards to swap at the Treasure/Trash table.

My husband, Mike, will have the meet-up cards. He will have the cards for those who are picking up their order. Please pay Mike for your order. Anyone wishing to purchase cards, see Mike. Kindly requesting exact amount for payment.

Day of Meet-up – call the Library after 10am if you need me. 609 298 0622, ext 2006. That is the Adult Reference Desk. Staff at that desk will know where to find me.

Last piece of news — 3 door prizes!

Looking forward to Saturday. See you soon!
Barbara

5 Likes

Here’s a picture of the Library.

There’s a driveway that leads to the parking lot. Driveway is right past that tree on the left hand side.

5 Likes

I had a question regarding the “Trash to Treasure” table.

If you have postcards that don’t fit your collection for whatever reason, bring them to the meet-up. Place your “Trash” in the box and pick out a “Treasure.” No limit on how many new “Treasures” you can go home with.

Any “Trash” remaining at the end of the meet-up I will add in the “Take and Mail” World Postcard Activity on Tuesday. This display is in the Adult Services area - across from the circulation desk. The purpose is to inform library visitors about World Postcard Day and encourages them to take a postcard to mail. I’m tracking how many postcards are taken from this activity.

While you’re by the elevator, check out the Postcrossing Meet-up Card Display. Can you find all 31 countries represented in the display?

5 Likes

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it down for the event today. If someone wanted to send the meetup card I can send them a card from the WPD meetup in Beacon Ny

Fred. I can. So sorry we cant meet. Perhaps next year. Send me your address. Thanks.
Barbara