Bordentown NJ Meetup, 8 Oct 2022

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Central New Jersey
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Bordentown Library, 18 E Union St, Bordentown NJ 08505
:calendar: DATE: 8 Oct 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1pm-430pm, EST
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:
This meetup will be held in the Bordentown Library.
Adherence to County government COVID guidelines will be used.
As of 10 Mar 2022 - Mask wear is optional.

Event Itinerary includes:
Sign/stamp postcards
Socialize with other Postcrossing members
Treasure/Trash swap table
Postcard “Selfie” station
Bordentown Haunted History Tour after the meet-up

A Bordentown Haunted History Tour with the Bordentown Walking Tours will happen after the meet-up. Beginning at 5PM, leaving from the Bordentown Library, a professional walking tour company will share the spooky and the history of Bordentown NJ. The fee for this is $20 per person (over 16 years old) and $15 per person (under 15 years old). Anticipate the route to be 1.5 miles, rain/shine event. If you decide day of event to attend, payment by cash or check is desired.

Here is the link to make reservations and payment.

Haunted History Tour, Oct 8th, 5pm

Bordentown NJ is located approximately 6 miles south of Trenton NJ. Bordentown is accessible from the NJ Turnpike, Rt 295, Rt 130, and Rt 206. If traveling by train, you can disembark at Hamilton NJ or Trenton Transit Center, NJ. The Bordentown Library is approximately 12 miles from the Hamilton Station and approximately 8 miles from the Trenton Transit Center. The Trenton Transit Center is the start point of the NJ Riverline (light rail). Using the Riverline, Bordentown will be the 3rd stop from Trenton (11 minute ride). The Library is located approximately .8 mile from the Bordentown Riverline station.

The Bordentown Library is in the residential part of an historical area. Parking is available in the Library parking lot behind the building and free street (parallel) parking.

Bordentown NJ has US history dating from the 1600s, unique shops and fantastic restaurants. (Restaurant reservations are highly recommended). For more information regarding the area, do check out these websites -

Downtown Bordentown Association, Inc.
http://downtownbordentown.com

Bordentown Historic Society
https://bordentownhistory.org

Meet-up cards are available.
.20 per card.
Payment will be via Venmo or PayPal.
Do PM me your order.

Front of Postcard
If you need to see the back of the postcard, let me know.

If you’re going on the Haunted History tour, this statue may be on the tour.
And yes, “ghost-like” figures have been spotted behind Thomas Paine.

If you’re bringing family - here’s a free family event nearby.
Bordentown Township 2nd Annual Fall Festival
10/8/2022 - 12:00-4:00PM
Joseph Lawrence Park (1.5 miles from the Library - Park at Bordentown Regional High School which is across the street)
• Free Carnival games and prizes (limited)
• Stilt Walkers & Jugglers
• Craft Vendors
• Free Children’s Hayride and Children’s Show from 2-3pm
• Free Food & Music
•

This is the 1st Meetup I’m organizing/hosting. I’m looking forward meeting everyone!

Thanks!

Barbara Kotch
BPLUM

8 Likes

So excited for a local meetup in the fall! Thanks for organizing.

3 Likes

Looking forward to meeting you! See you in October.
Barb

1 Like

count me in !!! :slight_smile: im going to write this date down on my calendar … and i would be interested in the ghost tour also afterwards :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Appreciate it! In the summer, I plan to reach out to the tour company to discuss arrangements. I did enjoy their ghost tour last October. The meet-up card will be a spot where “individuals” have been seen.
See you in October.

1 Like

Ahh! I’m so excited - been trying to find fellow NJ postcrossers and can’t wait for this! Thank you for hosting and please let me know if you need any help! Definitely interested in the walking tour :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing you. Ill be reaching out to the tour company in the summer. More details forthcoming

1 Like

I will be there. I live in Virgina, but I grew up in Princeton, Jct. I met Laidlaw at a Meetup in Philadelphia.

2 Likes

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing Postcrossing friends reunite. See you in October.

1 Like

Oooo, this sounds like an awesome meetup! Going to check with hubby and the calendar, hope to make the trip!

1 Like

I’m so excited to learn about this meetup! I’m looking forward to attending it! The walking tour sounds fun.

1 Like

Thanks for your interest. Looking forward to meeting you. M

2 Likes

Definitely reach out if you can attend. Hoping to meet you in October

2 Likes

I am so excited to attend my first meetup. I’ve never been able to find a localish one.

2 Likes

Welcome! Glad you can join us. Bring something to sign your name on the meet-up postcards like your favorite pen or stamper.
Looking forward to meeting you in October.

1 Like

I am from Washington DC, which is about 4.5 hours from here. This is the closest meetup to me though, so I might make the drive to attend because I really love postcrossing and have been wanting to go to a meetup for a while :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Great news! If you decide not to drive – perhaps take the train from Washington DC to Trenton NJ. Then take the Riverline (light rail) from Trenton NJ to Bordentown NJ. The Library is walking distance from the Riverline. It will be a .8 mile walk.

Looking forward to meeting you. Always, Barbara

2 Likes

Barbara, I’m going to attend if I’m not away. I would also enjoy the ghost tour.
Tracey

1 Like

Never knew there were meetups. I am from Gettysburg so not too far away. Is this open to anyone?
It would be fun meeting people that enjoy postcrossing like I do.
Thanks
Heidi

1 Like

Sounds great. Let me kmow when date is closer if you can attend

1 Like