Bordentown NJ Meetup, 8 Oct 2022

I’ll be there. Not sure about the walking tour, I’ll know when the date gets closer. Thanks for organizing this, I’m so excited, it’s my first Meetup.

1 Like

Thanks! You know where the Library is. We’ll talk more later.
Barb

1 Like

I really want to join, I live in NYC area. Is it possible to have a ride from someone along the way (I know it could be very inconvenient for other people)?

And I am surprised there is no local meetup group.

^^ A New York City meetup would be awesome!

2 Likes

Here’s how you can get to Bordentown from NYC.

Take NJ Transit Rail
NY Penn Station to Trenton NJ. Trenton is the last stop. The trip will be 1 hour 28 minutes to 1 hour 37 minutes depending if you’re on the express or not.

Once you reach the Trenton Transit Center, take the Trenton Riverline to Bordentown. The Riverline begins at Trenton thus Bordentown will be your 2nd stop. This trip is 11 minutes.

The Bordentown Riverline station is approximately .8 mile from the library.

The other option is NY Penn to Hamilton then Uber/Lyft to the Library.

Hope you can make it. Let me know.

Agree. I would certainly make an effort to attend a NYC meet-up. I do go in NYC for the Postcard Shows hosted by the Metropolitan Postcard Club of New York City. The May 21st show is on my calendar - I’ll be there going through the quarter boxes!

Hope you can make the Bordentown NJ event.

Would anyone be willing to send me a card from this meetup?
My Mother grew up in Bordentown on Elizabeth Street and I’d love to have a card from there.
(I grew up in nearby Groveville).

Please let me know and perhaps I could send you one from San Diego.
Thanks!

~Maggie

I will. Send me your address.
The card is 75% done. I’m waiting for sunny spring or summer day to photograph the card image.

1 Like

I’d love to join this meetup from Mount Holly! Hopefully I won’t have other plans. I’m thinking to take my husband to join the ghost tour and depends on how much the tickets. I’m excited and hope to see you guys there!

1 Like

It will be great to have you at the meet-up. In the summer, I will reach out to the tour company regarding rates, possible group discount,etc. Once I have that, I will do an update here.

2 Likes

Thanks for organizing this meet up. i’m up in Northern New Jersey and will do my best to be there. i’ve been Postcrossing for a little over a year and have wanted to go to a meet up since I joined.

1 Like

Sounds great! Hope you can join us.

1 Like

If all goes as planned I’d like to come down from Upstate NY! @paperglo , you want to come along?

3 Likes

I’m definitely interested in going down for this meetup! Looking forward to it :blush:

3 Likes

This is great!

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing both of you!

2 Likes

I would like to invite you all to our new Tri-State Postcrossers group for in person meetups:

We’d love to meet in a rotation of areas in CT, NJ, and NY once per season or every month or two.
@BPLUM @Laidlaw @JazzyRose81689 @outofpost @LovelyLindaPost @harrickson @kerplunk105 @stunclock @tkubat @hlmerwede2 @Irishmare @xiaomeow @ayellowdaffodil @Violet @sealed4ever

4 Likes

Thanks for the invite!

2 Likes

New information about the walking tour is in the event description.
I will post more details when I get them.

3 Likes

I haven’t spoken up before but I’m interested in attending, and if I’m there, why not join in a walking tour also?! It’s on my calendar and I’ll stay tuned for info on paying for the tour, contributing to the cost of meetup cards, etc.

1 Like