Birmingham meet-up 7th October 2023

Really ! There are only 4 of us going!
@charzevans @JustJo , any advice as to where tonget one ?
I have one from China I bought years ago but it doesn’t have my Postcrossing name on it, so I guess that would be a problem.

In my last visit to Stonehenge the sun was shining!

2 Likes

I can offer my designer services and customize the art of your stamp, after the art is created you can send the art for the stamp to be assembled.
Send me a pm if you’re interested.

2 Likes

Thank you @JustJo - neither @MoominMog nor I have ever attended a meet-up, much less hosted one, so any and all advice will be gratefully received!

1 Like

At the moment we have 7 confirmed and 3 maybes (some people haven’t selected the “going” option but have replied in the thread to say they are attending :slightly_smiling_face: )
Also many people who can’t attend ask to buy cards and have them posted to them. You are of course fine to hand sign if you’re happy to potentially do a lot! :joy:

I don’t have a stamp but have stickers with my Postcrossing name on, i hope that’ll be okay!

2 Likes

Omg @JennyAssis I would love this. Yes please I will send a PM when I’ve finished work

2 Likes

First, the goal is to find other Postcrossers to talk to and sign postcards, visit a place is a extra activity.
You don’t even need to have a exclusive postcard for the meetup to happen (I already received tourist postcards with a meet sticker, and that’s what I’m going to do for the Manchester meetup).
As you have already decided that the meeting will have a postcard, I advise you to check the amount of postcards and print some extras in case someone wants more postcards or someone decides to go to the meeting on the day.
The greater the quantity of postcards, the cheaper it is (value of postcards + vat + delivery ÷ quantity of postcards, this will be the unit value of the postcard).
The bad news is that there are always postcards left over and the money doesn’t come back completely :sweat_smile:

You can have a label available for the attendants so that each one can write their username or name (it’s easier to identify each one), a list for each Postcrossers with the username of all the participants (this way it is possible to mark in the list who signed their postcards and check who is missing).

Optionally, you can play a game related to the meeting and distribute a prize.

Don’t forget to take a picture to post here on the forum later.

I think in general that’s it, these are all suggestions of what I’ve done, you can prepare nothing and just let the meeting happen.

PS. at the meeting we signed each person’s postcards, any postcard even if it wasn’t the meeting, we talked, ate and had fun.

5 Likes

I got mine from stampit.co.uk
Most people have self inking ones - mine is a stamp and separate pad, but no problem with either. @JennyAssis does great designs. There are a whole array of colours so the back of the cards gets super colourful! :rainbow:

3 Likes

Thanks @JennyAssis, we are complete novices at this! It’s helpful to hear from an expert!

2 Likes

For anyone wanting a stamp, I used this shop and it’s great :star_struck: CustomStampsDesigns - Etsy UK

6 Likes

Oooh love that!

1 Like

If you look at the list above you have a potential of 84 postcards to sign!

At the last London Meetup, there was 300+ postcards signed, after my first two meetups, I had ‘the writers callus’ so an investment in personalised stamp or even stickers, is well worth it.

4 Likes

@Maddymail We signed 500 postcard at the Guildford Halloween Meeting :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My stamp from Custom Stamps Design arrived today. I only ordered on Sunday!

Fantastic service. The only problem will be not wearing it out before October.

8 Likes

That’s brilliant! I need to order one!

2 Likes

@MaiJN 's link takes you to the Etsy shop. The owner was really helpful, and the prices seem better value than a lot of other sites. The ‘bleeding’ is because I tried it on a piece of rough paper, not a reflection of the quality

3 Likes

Thank you, i have emailed the owner asking them to mock me up a simple stamp with a cat face and my user name!

3 Likes

Love it :heart_eyes: I originally got mine for the Walsall meet up back in March and it’s still going strong!

2 Likes

Thank you @MaiJN and @xxxxyyyyzzzz for the suggestion of Custom Stamps Design - my stamp arrived today so I’m meet-up ready! :heart_eyes_cat:

5 Likes

Looks sharper in reality, I’ve zoomed in a lot!

2 Likes