Birmingham meet-up 7th October 2023

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Birmingham, West Midlands
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: IKON GALLERY, 1 Oozells Square, Brindleyplace, Birmingham, B1 2HS
:calendar: DATE: Saturday 7th October 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11.30am (11am for those who wish to meet at New Street Station beforehand and walk over together. Local lass Imogen AKA @MoominMog will meet everyone by the departure boards/Pret and will wear something bright! :smiley: It is approx 15 minutes walk but there is a tram if anyone will find this difficult)
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Meet outside the IKON gallery, tour around the gallery for an hour or so (it’s not huge), browse the shop, buy postcards, then sit in Yorks cafe, have lunch and write postcards!!
Link to the IKON gallery: https://www.ikon-gallery.org/
Here is the cafe for those who wish to browse in advance (it is fantastic!): Café - Ikon

Hi everyone!

@MoominMog and I are Midlands based and would love to organise a meet-up in Birmingham. There doesn’t seem to be a meet-up organised in the Midlands at the moment, although of course EVERYONE is welcome, wherever you live! Birmingham is well connected for public transport.

If you would like to attend but have any requirements around accessibility, diet or anything else you want to make us aware of, please just drop us a message and we’ll definitely be able to make something work!

We hope to meet some fellow Postcrossers!

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

10 Likes

Going:
@MoominMog
@jobloggs
@minimog
@xxxxyyyyzzzz
@geo_
@MaiJN
@glitter_
@rusticbouquetxo
@constanze
@mattressy
@mousewithapen
@SashaUA17
@ZoeJN
@BriJN
@simmo11
@Banna

Maybe going:
@JustJo
@caramilk_king

3 Likes

I have marked going already as of course I will be there! I am really looking forward to this!

Some suggestions for locations I had were - IKON galley, Library of Birmingham (good postcard selection last time I went), ThinkTank Science Museum (Millenium Point right near where HS2 will be) and of course I will only suggest the finest coffee shops/pubs as a true coffee snob hahaha :smiley:.

Thanks for posting this @jobloggs!

Tagging a few forum folks to see if they would be interested: @Maddymail @minimog @tesc @chrisbonham11 @geo_ @spirit_walker @Championwonder @Star-Mix-1982 @ryanr @Happyhexagon525 @charzevans @Natea (no pressure at all, just in case! :slight_smile:)

(Let me know if I have missed anyone!!)

7 Likes

@xxxxyyyyzzzz was interested too! :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @MoominMog but I’ll be on the Isle of Man on the 7th October but have fun.

1 Like

Thanks @MoominMog for all your suggestions!!

1 Like

Oh the Isle of Man will be great! My sister goes every year! Enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After 1st going back in March, I can see why, it’s a very peaceful island with a lot of rich history.

1 Like

Put me down provisionally please! :blush:

2 Likes

I’m at the stiching show at Alexander Palace that day… yes as well as an addiction to postcards I buy yarn too ’

3 Likes

Yes, I’m interested. I’d like to meet a real life Postcrosser!

2 Likes

Fabulous! Looks like it will be the first meet-up for quite a few of us!

2 Likes

Just tagging a few other people who have been involved with the British Isles forum but as @MoominMog said - no pressure, just for info. Everyone is welcome!

@claireandivy @alexfc @simmo11 @katiemmj @StokeCityFC @Florallle @sandhurst @caramilk_king

3 Likes

For me it’s in between night shifts which isn’t the worst worst! A 1-4 session would be feasible for me if I can catch a kip in the car somewhere! :sleeping:
Please put me down for a maybe.
I’ve been to ThinkTank before and it was super (I studied the hypocycloidal engine in college), but I believe you also have the world’s largest Greggs and a Disney cafe… :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

It would be great to see you there! Thanks for the tip about ThinkTank!

And the world’s largest Primark i believe!!

1 Like

I’ve put myself down as ‘going’ and the date is in my diary :calendar::smiley:

2 Likes

Yaaaay!

2 Likes

Thank you for tagging me here! I’ll likely be following Cambridge United at Burton that day though, so I’ll be unable to join this one.

2 Likes

Finally something near me! Please put me as going :star_struck:

2 Likes

Oh brilliant! Look forward to meeting you there :blush:

2 Likes