Best site to keep photos of postcards?

My physical cards (both collection and to-be-sent cards) are in postcard sheets (4 or 2 pockets in A4 size) and then put into ordinary file folders. My collection (view cards and Postcrossing meet-up cards) are sorted alphabetically first by country, then by city, while my to-be-sent cards are sorted by topic (Tausendschön, map cards, view cards, polaroid cards, art cards etc.).

All my to-be-sent cards and a significant part of my collection are scanned. I’m using an online catalog everyone can contribute to: Postkarten auf Colnect . Compared to Flickr etc. it has the benefit of decent sorting, filtering and search options - if I see a card in a wish list, I can very quickly find out if I still have it available to send or not. The drawback is that all that data required for searching and filtering needs to be entered when you contribute a new postcard, so it’s a bit more work than just uploading a scan. I don’t want to use any other service (it’s free, too!), but your mileage may vary.

2 Likes

I use a self hosted solution as I like to be as flexible as possible and don’t want any ads etc.

this is important for me, too. So I have a search option and titles for every card. I add tags every now and then to refine search and filter options.

1 Like

Should this be combined with Best site to keep photos of postcards?

1 Like

Hello,
so I saw some of you are using flickr to show what cards you have but I have no luck with this one as I almost immediately after login few photos got an error screen :slight_smile: “bad panda”.
Can someone recommended other services?

Thank you in advance.

zonerama: Zonerama: Free online gallery

2 Likes

You can read more about different options here:

Q&A for External Albums (Flickr, Zonerama, etc.) and Best site to keep photos of postcards?

As @tani said Zonerama wins hands down. When my paid service went away two years ago, I have used nothing but Zonerama.

2 Likes

I currently upload my received cards on Flickr and my offers on Zonerama.
Also now I’m working on uploading my received cards to separate blog on Tumblr. I hope that tags system and Navigation page will be more helpful for me and people who would like to check my collection. I think it’s a greate way to organise things. No one so far talked about this option. I hope it’s helpful.
It looks better in full version but mobile version alright too.

So, I have a question for everyone. Which services do you use for your offer albums (like Flickr or Google Drive)? Which one would you recommend to use?
Currently I use Yandex Disk, because it’s a cloud and I could create sub-folders, but other users often have problems with copying links from it. I can’t use Flickr or Google Drive because I already use them for other stuff. And popular Douban doesn’t have English interface.
So share your experience! I think that I’m not the only one who could find this discussion useful.

3 Likes

You could create another account (with another email address). I happened to have 3 Flickr accounts some years ago :sweat_smile:

Maybe zonerama would be an option for you?

I mostly upload postcard scans from mobile so I can’t really install Flickr 3 times for 3 accounts :sweat_smile: Same with Google. My previous phone, Xiaomi, could create applications clones for second accounts, but my current phone, Samsung, can’t do this.
Thank you for recommendation!

Usually Chinese pcers can’t open Flicker and Google Drive links because of the Great Firewall😅 Maybe that’s why Douban is popular…

3 Likes

I love zonerama. Less adds than flickr! Here is mine: Zonerama: Free online gallery

2 Likes

It seems like it’s a popular site! Shame it doesn’t have mobile app.

Dropbox. Yandex does not work in my country without VPN.
I have a dropbox on my phone and on my computer, the folder is synced

1 Like

For many years, I had a paid subscription to Picture Trail. It was quite good. Sadly, they went out of business in February of this tear. Like @Tani, I use Zonerama. It is even better than Picture Trail. I wish I discovered it sooner.

1 Like

“The Great Firewall”–I nearly spit out my coffee. :rofl:

4 Likes

I would like to thank everyone for your suggestions. I tried to use Zonerama and so far it’s great, even better than Flickr. So now I could recommend this service myself. I hope it doesn’t blocked anywhere or something :sweat_smile:

Hey,

I’ve suddenly come into possession of a fairly excessive amount of postcards (both my mother and my grandmother decided, irrespective of each other, to very kindly go and buy me at least 50 postcards each). I’d like to upload them to an image hosting site so that people I trade/swap with can look through it and see what I’ve got. What is a good site for this - preferably one where I can organise via subject matter/location?

Thank you <3

I use zonerama.com.
tanicards | Zonerama.com

1 Like