[Beacon, NY] World Postcard & International Coffee Day (Metro North Accessible) Oct 1, 2022

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Beacon, NY
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE:

Zakka Joy
177 Main St
Beacon, NY 12508

:calendar: DATE: Saturday, October 1, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12:00 pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

We’ll meet at Zakka Joy to do some light shopping - they offer a great selection of cute gifts and stationery. We’ll spent 30 minutes there, then walk next door to Play, where they offer a variety of very unique and nostalgic gifts. We’ll get to Bank Square by 1:10pm to sit down and hang out.

The total walk is less than 0.01 mile on flat terrain, and takes 2 minutes overall. The meetup is within 15 minutes of the Beacon train station, so this is perfect if you want a day trip away from the big city.

I’ll be doing a group buy of this year’s winning World Postcard Day design, as well as some International Coffee Day postcards. More details will be posted shortly on this.

This is the perfect chance to bring those postcards that you haven’t been able to find a recipient for to swap. We’ll also do a little show and tell, so bring your favorite postcards to share!

Zakka Joy
177 Main St
Beacon, NY 12508

Play
167 Main St
Beacon, NY 12508

Bank Square Coffeehouse
129 Main St
Beacon, NY 12508

Imgur

Imgur

8 Likes

Great! Beacon is such a cool place to hold this. And yes, it’s a beautiful train ride along the Hudson from NYC. Definitely worth the trip. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Group buy postcards info

Two different designs (WPD and Meetup)
Deadline to order: 9/15 12:00pm ET

I’ll be placing the order by the end of next week, so please let me know by 9/16 how many of each card you’d like to order.

At the standard rate, it’ll be $0.60 per card. In the event that we hit enough pre-order cards to qualify for a discount on either design, I’ll recalculate and advise the new lower cost for that design.

:partying_face: Updated postcard price 9/7:

$0.50 per card (both designs)

I plan to be there. I don’t know yet whether I’ll drive or take the train from Pok.

I’d like 10 of each card, please.

1 Like

I Would like to be there but I Can’t :neutral_face:

Group buy postcards updated price

Hi everyone - the card price is now reduced to $0.50 per card! :tada: (Both designs)

I’d like 10 of each, too.

1 Like

Hello. I was going to try to make this meetup (I live in the Boston area) but won’t be able to. Any chance someone might want to swap with me? I absolutely love this PC! I recently went to a Boston meet up on 8/27/22 that would gladly send in return or you can pick others from my collection. Please send a message if interested. Thanks! KristenCat

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone on Oct 1 :smile:

Just a reminder, I’ll be placing the order for the postcards this Thursday 9/15. I had to move the deadline up a day because I’ll be busy Friday and don’t want to forget. I’ll order a few extra cards, but if you’re looking to make a larger order, please reply here or PM me no later than 12:00pm ET. Thanks!

SD, please up me 10 more of the WPD card… So 10 coffee, 20 WPD. Thanks!

Anyone still on the fence about attending this meetup? Duh, attend this meet up. It’s not even a question.

2 Likes

Sorry, I thought I hit reply yesterday, but noted and added to the order :smile: It’s that kind of week haha

I wonder how many NY people are in the forums; I picked Beacon specifically because it’s right by the Metro North station. I invited a couple of PC’ers from NYC, so we’ll see if they can make it up. Looking forward to it!

Hello ~ Any one wanna swap the Meetup card with me ??
Here’s my offer of the coming meetup cards & swap list

Ivy

2 Likes

Hi, @paperglo! I’m looking forward to the meetup next week. I know it’s too late to order postcards, but would definitely be interested in purchasing extras of both designs that might be on hand the day of the get together.

Thanks for doing all this organizing-- we all really appreciate it!

-Alison

1 Like

Would like to exchange the cards for Delhi WPD meetup cards 2022
Delhi meetup card 2

I will be posting them on OCT 1
Interested in this swap?
Please PM me before OCT 1!

:sun_behind_rain_cloud:

Weather update

It looks like there might be light showers on Saturday in Beacon, so make sure to pack an umbrella and some protective bag/cover for your paper goods/postcards.

Just a reminder - re-ink those signature stamps, pack those postcards you want to trade off, bring your postal and decorative stamps, bring any cards you want to show & tell :smile:

We’ll spend some time at the coffee shop signing cards - I’ll have some spare colored Sharpie pens for anyone who doesn’t have a stamp or pen.

Stamp Demo

I’ll bring some stamps to show anyone interested in the (still) upcoming stamp making workshop. Planning was put on hold while I was out of commission due to a shoulder injury, but I’ll be planning that one for sometime this winter.

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone there!

1 Like

I love the secondcard

I like to swap with somebody

Looking forward to seeing you all in a few hours!

-Alison

2 Likes

Hello! Is someone interested in swap? I can offer some meet- up cards from St.Petersburg or anything from my swap- album на обмен – 495 Bilder | VK
Thanks!

Happy World Postcard Day! Hope all is going well! - I’m attending our local event in Pasadena, CA. Would anyone be interested in a swap? :blush:

Yes, definitely! As a former southern California president, and someone who has such a lot of time near the Rose Bowl and Pasadena, I’d love to get this card. Please PM me your address and I’ll respond with mine.

1 Like