Tri-State (Northeast) Postcrossers group

@anon61339945
I took with photo a few years ago at PRIDE. You are more than welcome to use it for your card if you like. I have turned this photo into postcards, stickers, Addesa labels, stationery! I just love it!

1 Like

updating this thread, just in case folks were interested in making a quick trip to boston in early june or want to swap meetup cards:

thanks @paperglo for spearheading this! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Keep us posted regarding the stamp workshop.

Thanks
Barb

Just a little update, I tore my labrum in my left shoulder (I’m a lefty) so it’s been kind of rough for me to do basic things and I’m still waiting on more scanning and tests to see how we’re going to treat it (aka if I need surgery :sweat:).

I haven’t really had a chance to even think about it, but I really do want to host this workshop. I’ll probably have to cap the attendance because I want to make sure I have time to work with everyone.

The biggest hurdle would probably be location. I’ll have to find a place where I can plug my laptop in for 3-4 hours and they won’t complain or kick me out :laughing:

I’ll keep you posted, but I’m aiming to do the workshop in July, and I’ll likely make and print cards for the event so we can make use of those new stamps :smiley:

The Philadelphia MeetUp cards you made were absolutely gorgeous!

1 Like

Hi all! Sorry for my lack of updates recently, recovery has been tougher than I expected :sweat:

I’m finally ready to dive back into postcards - first up is World Postcard & International Coffee Day!
I’ve created a meetup for Beacon on Saturday October 1 and I hope some of you who have been waiting for meetups can make it!

There will be two cards for this meetup - I’ll be doing groups buys for the winning design for WPD as well as a Beacon Meetup card.

I’m working on this stamp idea - I think we might have a location but I’m hashing out the details and will update soon.

Imgur
Imgur

2 Likes

How do I join this group? I live in Virginia, but I am in the NJ-NY-PA area frequently. I will attend Meet-Ups when I can.

1 Like

Hi Linda! Just bookmark/watch this forum thread - you should be notified of any replies. This will be where we discuss and announce/link to any meetups in the Tri-State area :smile:

1 Like

This is one of the places I use to order self-inking stamps. I just ordered a new one today!

1 Like

Any meeting planned in the region in November/December?

I’m going to the Metropolitan Postcard Club show at the New Yorker Hotel (in Manhattan) on Saturday, November 12th. It’s 11-6 and I plan on arriving at 11 to shop til I drop! If anyone wants to meet there I’m game.

I’m planning one for Northern New Jersey if you’re interested! December 10th

1 Like

I’m interested as well! Where in North Jersey will it be?

I’m in North Jersey, depending if I’m off the day chosen I’d be interested in joining.

Livingston, NJ at a cute indie café called The Twisted Tulip! They’re amenable to large groups and have a great space which is why I chose them!

2 Likes

Awesome! I created a separate post for it if you’d like to RSVP!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

A new, last-minute PA meetup has been added, and the NJ text updated. I hope everyone has a fun, postcard-filled weekend! =]

2 Likes

I had to take a long break from Postcrossing, due to life getting in the way. I’m really glad I’m able to get back into the hobby just in time for World Postcard Day!

Upcoming meetups have been added, please let me know if I missed any:

2 Likes

Hi I’m new to Postcross and from NJ- interested in any upcoming tri-state meetups!

1 Like