Articles featuring postcards (but not Postcrossing)

Sometimes I stumble on (or get forwarded) articles that are about postcards, but not about Postcrossing necessarily… I still wanted to share these with you all, but there wasn’t a place to collect them. So this topic is for that. :slight_smile:

Postcrosser @bjhowden let me know about this article, featuring a writer and journalist who sends postcards to his godchildren:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-15/postcards-are-still-the-best-souvenirs-you-can-give-when-traveling

27 Likes

Such a great article, thanks for sharing!

This was EXCELLENT!!!
And it’s a great idea for friends and relatives who may not want to get as involved as something like Postcrossing.

This is a surprise, I actually know Mark we are members of inventors of :canada:. It really is a small world….he now resides in the us

3 Likes

What a wonderful story :heart_eyes: Thank you so much for sharing!

I love this. I may copy this idea to write letters to my son via postcards using my travel memories.

1 Like

I’ve done the same with my 2 godchildren while they were at school. I may not have travelled as often as the writer, but living in Europe I used the cards also for education, writing them in the languages they were learning in school, i.e. German, French and English.
I think it sparked something, at least I still receive the odd card from them.

I’ve actually done this both with my godchild and my own godmother, who was a globetrotter herself and inspired me to see the world! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sharing another article about postcards!

I feel like Mr. Brown might have the perfect postcard for every postcrosser out there… And just look at all those filing cabinets! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Wow, what a massive postcard collection he has.
Reading till the end, learnt that I am a deltiologist! :grin:

2 Likes
43 Likes

Interesting read)

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I just love seeing this - thank you for sharing. How awesome!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this interesting story! I wonder if he’s a postcrosser :blush:

3 Likes

A great read. Thank you for sharing

2 Likes

Postcards :heart:, a garden :green_heart: … how wonderful! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing!
I was not surprised to read that he used to be a librarian :smile:

6 Likes

Amazing story! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

o help, is this my foreland too???

1 Like