Articles featuring postcards (but not Postcrossing)

I once had an exchange partner here who had 100,000 postcards in his collection. At the time, I thought this was impressive. Now after reading this article, I just have to sit back and chuckle.

7 Likes

Love this guy! Such a fun read and super photos of his collection.

1 Like

what a find, here’s another: postsecret.com tho’ I would guess most of you know this one

3 Likes

Is it really true ! What a man, and what a collection of postcards!! Iam so impressed!!!

1 Like

I looooove this story ! And I’m amazed of the sorting out, the old drawers, the frames bu theme… I’m sure there are real treasure there. It makes me dream of the old time : this yellow paper, black picture, nice writing with ink…
A big part of history most likely.

Thanks for sharing !

1 Like

The guy has definitely been beaten by the postcard bug :slight_smile: He could open Postcard Museum in his house.

1 Like

I don’t know if others subscribe to this free online postcard site, but I enjoy reading their articles. Just FYI

7 Likes

Hello! An artist I follow that makes collages recently posted this on Facebook. I thought it was really interesting and wanted to share it with you. Hope that you’ll like it as well.

I like collages but I never tried to make one my self. I’m thinking of giving it a shot and sending them a card.

6 Likes
13 Likes

What a lovely story!

1 Like

Amazing! I also send Postcard to myself whenever i visit to PO with things which are going on, and I’ll do this more , thank you Debra for inspiration:)

2 Likes
16 Likes

Tag @TwasBrillig

Imagine how great would it be to receive such a postcard
Maybe someone found this card in a thrift store and mailed it ?!

1 Like

This is about mail art in Spain and a Mail Art Museum in Cuenca (Spain)

Sorry if you don’t understand, but the mail art is still beautiful

2 Likes

How fun are these! Apparently a chocolate company called Hildebrand sold their chocolates with postcards depicting life 100 years in the future.

Other than live streaming, we have a lot of work to do :smile:

11 Likes

We’ve written about these on the blog almost 10 years ago, but they’re still amazing!

1 Like

Here’s a neat idea from northern Minnesota, in a touristy town on Lake Superior.

(In Grand Marais, an invitation to reflect and connect through postcards on the Letteracy Deck | MinnPost)

2 Likes

Lovely! Thanks for sharing

So nice! I love projects (and enthusiastic people) like this!

I stumbled on this report today — the project seems quite nice! I think the submissions for it might have closed in the meantime though, since the exhibition takes place this month.