Are your postcards reaching Russia, Belarus and Ukraine

My last two postcards to Russia - both sent in November - arrived after 22 and 30 days. That seems perfectly normal.
Also got three cards travelling to Russia - on the road for 9, 34 and 205 days. The latter one is probably lost - but that always happened from time to time. The other two don’t worry me at all. Anything between 7 and 60 days to Russia is perfectly normal here in Poland :slight_smile:
And curiously, postcards seem to travel much faster to Siberia than to the European part of Russia. Especially cards to Moscow tend to be slow :open_mouth:

1 Like

My 4 last postcards from Belarus to Russia arrived in 8, 15, 7 and 34 days. 7 days is my record :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hong Kong -> Russia has been a no-no for almost a year. But even before this ‘blockade’, travelling times for Russia-bound cards are rather stable, and the expiration/loss rate was very low, even lower than that of a major country on the opposite side of Atlantic Ocean in recent half a year.

Japan only accepts to send to Russia by seamail… So it takes a lot more than before. I’d also like to know how much time it’s gonna take.

1 Like

Yes all of them always arrive! Never had a lost card going to Russia or coming to me. I couldn’t believe last month my card got to Moscow in 6 days! Usually it takes 10-20 days for card to arrive to me. That is fine with me as it is so far away! Definitely one of my favorite countries to get cards from! Russian members always send beautiful cards and stamps to me. :tada:

6 Likes

i have currently 3 official cards traveling to russia… 89 days, 56 days and 25 days :mask:

1 Like

I had one reach Russia earlier this month after 21 days.

One of my very first 5 is on its way to Russia and has 4 days until it expires. :pensive:

1 Like

Yes, usually it takes a couple of weeks, but on one rare occassion more than a year.
Last one arrived on 23rd December after a journey of 29 days (from the Netherlands to Russia).

2 Likes

Currently you can’t mail anything from Hong Kong to Russia, even postcards, but before the blockage, I had sent 3 postcards to Russia (Nov 2019 - Jan 2020) and the receivers could get the postcards within 20 - 30 days.

1 Like

So, my first card to Russia treveled 30 days and, how seems on the scan, arrived in a terrible condition.

2 Likes

I’ve sent two postcards to Russia, too. Both on the same day. One of the cards reached its destination after 12 days and the other one is still on the way. I hope it doesn’t take that long anymore.

2 Likes

My recent postcards sent from USA-to-Russia are arriving at about 40 days travel time.

1 Like

It’s really not that bad at the moment. And the last one even travelled to Ussuriysk in the far east of Siberia.

2 Likes

Lucky you, I lost countless ones in Russia over the years, currently have 3 expired, two of which sent almost a year ago… It’s always been hit and miss.

1 Like

Ya lucky me! I got one a few days ago all the way from Bangladesh in 8 days! I couldn’t believe it! My problem countries have always been China. Over the many years of doing this on a few different Postcard exchange sites, the only cards that I have expired are from China. I did notice that even though airmail is available from China to the US, that many users from China are using The Surface/Boat option instead of airmail and the Surface mail has taken up to 6 months to arrive. Airmail from China gets here much quicker usually 1-3 months. I always send my cards using Airmail as I want everyone to get their cards as fast as possible.

2 Likes

I like it when my cards to Germany arrive within 1 week, Russia seems to be over a month minimum.

1 Like

Holy crap, that is a sh*tload of cards to Russia!

1 Like

I had taken a break for a few months and restarted recently. Of the first batch of the 11 PC that I could send, 6 were being sent to Russia. I sent these PC about 4 weeks ago and I anticipated they would take some time getting there. The only issue is, because it takes so long it inhibits the ability to send other PC. Patience is required in this arena.

2 Likes

Interesting, I have not been getting a lot of Russia lately and I miss it. Okay, it is one of the main reasons of my relatively low total amount of cards compared to some people who have been here as long as me (but not the only reason) since it is so slow for me and with a lot of uncertainty.

I never think of Russia taking less than a month. That is, if I send to Russia, I forget about it for a month and then start to wonder if it will make it. When it takes less than a month I am surprised. I haven’t checked now, but at some point my average time of registration in Russia was 57 days, I think slightly less now but still 50+.

2 Likes