Are your postcards reaching Russia, Belarus and Ukraine

My only expired postcard is to Russia (to a ghostcrosser), but I have another two that are close to expiring:

One of these seem to be another ghostcrosser, so I’m pretty sure it’ll expire, but still crossing my fingers for the other one… My postcards to Russia for tags, round robins etc. seem to arrive ok. Maybe this is just bad luck with the ghostcrossers on the main site. I tend to find postcards to main cities like Moscow/ St Petersburg arrive relatively quickly, but it takes time to other regions…

I have an expired card for Russia. It is the 1st of this country (63 days) but I keep hope that it will arrive one day.

Hello. Yes they do. You need just to address these postcards correctly.

Like here in my example at the end

Hello. My mails have not reached to Russia yet but maybe it’s because I’m just a newbie, and I had sent them by sea. Airmails from Japan to Russia is stopped for many months.
But from today, JapanPost stops ALL the mail to Russia because of covid. Too sad…

1 Like

I’m also a new member just passed 1 month since I signed up. My first postcard sent to Russia from Singapore is as per below:

I think all the postal services are immensely affected by the pandemic.

2 Likes

My last card to Russia (Moscow) only took 12 days. :rocket:
No expired cards to Russia either at the moment.

3 Likes

Yes, sometimes the russian postal service is working very fast for the destination. Some of my postcards took only 8 or 9 days :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of my last sent cards, the one to Russia is the only one that has actually arrived (14 days), all the others are at about 24 days and still travelling.

1 Like

Mine tend to get there in a timely manner when I put them in an envelope. I also write the address in both English and Russian (or print it and tape it) if available.

1 Like

Is there a (general) defination, when a Postcrosser is called a ‘Ghostcrosser’? Or does it vary - just like everybody’s an own imagination of this word?

“write the address in both English and Russian (or print it and tape it)” is great idea! Thank you!!!
I’d sent them in envelopes too, but I didn’t do that before. I’ll try it when from Japan to Russia becomes available😃

2 Likes

I always write the address in big and clear letters. Then the postcards arrive hardly every time.

Today, one of my postcards was registered in Russia after travelling for only 18 days. I think things have started to speed up again, because recently I had several registered that were travelling for between 20-30 days. This is all very much better than it was in December and January

1 Like

I don’t think there’s a general definition of the term “Ghostcrosser”. When I first read it on the forum, people talked about (new) members who hadn’t logged into the website for months.

Concerning the topic: Only 4 of my 23 expired postcards are traveling to Russia (besides 4 to China, 3 to the USA, 2 to India…).

My last cards to Russia took between 8 and 36 days to arrive.

It has taken about 100 days and one 200 days to arrive. Spain to Russia .
One expired send Russia.

I’m pretty sad about a whole bunch of cards I sent expiring today. Under the current circumstances it’s no wonder they won’t ever reach the person I dedicated it to. But honestly, I put a lot of love (and yes, the money aspect is important, too) into these cards and I don’t want to send more to those countries since I expect them to be in vain, too. Currently, I’m afraid to even click on the send a postcard button since I don’t want to send cards to these two countries. Would be so much better if Postcrossing could leave these countries out until things are settled over there.

27 Likes

They have bigger things to worry about right now.

I am sure they will receive the postcards, and it will bring them joy - if we cut them out of postcrossing, we are taking away something that will bring them a modicum of happiness in such a dark period.

119 Likes

Maybe it will not give you new addresses, until the postal services resume? Postcrossing is not giving me new addresses from those countries, because Postal monitor shows that post has unfortunately been blocked.

10 Likes

My cards from Germany to Russia get through and even in a short time like two weeks. And if if your cards expire now, then you have already sent them before 24 February.

30 Likes

Sayan ist from Germany and Deutsche Post can deliver to Russia and to parts of Ukraine.

8 Likes