Are your postcards reaching Russia, Belarus and Ukraine

So the proper way to address Russian postcards is putting the zip code next to city? And then writing “Russia”?

I’d say yes :slight_smile: it’ll be easier for sender post service to see the last word and know destination country, and here in Russia I always write zip code next to city. In any case, it’ll arrive both way, sometimes it arrives even without zip code (don’t try this at home) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Yes. Many cards traveling to Russia are taking a very long time. I don’t think it has anything to do with the post code.

Not having anything to do with long travel times, but I got one Russian address recently from a girl who said she had been banned from postcrossing so she had just made a new account.

1 Like

Mine are reaching Russia, but it usually seems to take a long time.

1 Like

I have one on the way to Russia which has been travelling for 40 days now. I am expecting it to expire.

I also have one to Russia that’s been traveling nearly 40 days! I’m trying to be patient enough to let it expire before I send an inquiry/replacement card. The real problem is that I forgot to get a picture of it, and I don’t remember what the card was!

I also have one taking a seemingly-exceptionally long time to get to India, I sent it on the same day. Ah well, part of the game I guess :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I had three taking ages, two of which were registered last week. One was registered at 41 days, the other at 59! Most of mine though are registered at between 20-30 days, so much the same as normal. I think that’s pretty good going.

1 Like

My cards to Russia have been exceptionally quick in the last few months, taking 2-3 weeks. Sometimes they are quicker than Germany!

A very sharp difference from a few years ago, when I was in a different location too, when 30-40 days was the norm.

Of course I have one expired to Russia, but compared to my first couple of years of postcrossing it seems like nothing :rofl:

I still think anyone with cards going 40-50 days to Russia shouldn’t worry too much, it’s just the ways of the world.

My average travelling time to Russia (from my stats) is 43 days. There was a point when it was something like 57. Median is only 25!

2 Likes

My postcards to Russia sometimes take only 9 days and sometimes over 40 days :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just to comment, Canada Post has the same rule. The country always goes on the last line of the address. This has given me pause whenever I’ve had to send something to Russia. I generally do write the address exactly as it’s given to me – but I really wonder how much my cards to Russia are delayed due to this. I am pretty sure these must be sorted by hand; our system is not set up to look for the country on random lines!

1 Like

Another Update, last of my two cards received in Russia Only in 30-35 days which is progress , I’m so happy))
I also wrote by air mail ,so it is more faster

1 Like

Perhaps the situation in the arrival of mail to Russia has improved.
I sent four official cards,Three expired 63 days ago,As for the fourth, it traveled 4 466 km and arrived in just 21 days this month.

I have three official postcards traveling to Russia at the moment. They have been traveling for 48, 36 and 18 days.

Sending from Malaysia to Russia now takes 60 days to arrive!

Before the pandemic, it was 30 days (at least).

Hi,

Even though expired it will reach after some time. It happened to me. But it reached after the expiry date.
Happy Postcrossing :v::christmas_tree:

Regards
@POSTALSAURUS

I’ve just had a postcard travelling from Australia to Siberia make it in just 36 days.

This seems like a pretty fast time, given the times some of my other cards have been travelling for lately.

1 Like

My postcard all the way to Vladivostok (8,285 km) arrived in only 17 days! :rocket:

2 Likes

I don’t know what happened 54days and I am glad it got there.
US-7929845

During busy times (usually Christmas) I do find that the ones to Russia expire. I out them in an envelope as they seem to get there quicker (or even at all!) If they provide their address in English and Russian I am able to write both down and I think that helps too.