Are there still beautiful engraved stamps in your country?

but what? :smile: I do agree that they are a bit boring, but they are engraved too, and you can really feel it when you touch them.

Macron’s Marianne:

Hollande’s Marianne

Sarkozy’s Marianne

Chirac’s Marianne

And you know what; all of these Marianne will be destroyed in January 2023… It will be impossible to get these Marianne in post offices, instead, we’ll get these very charming and poetic stickers ;(

6 Likes

I was hoping to get this one, which is from fullerton, one of my favourite maxicards

3 Likes

Yea Here in China.We still issuing engraved stamps in now days. Welcome pm me for swap if you interested.

But I am more into this kind of relievo ones

13 Likes

My favourite Engraved Machin by cz. slania

10 Likes

Wow! I didn’t know Marianne’s where different under each president,
I love them like the UK Queen definitive stamps.

Noooo! They are being replaced by boring labels! :broken_heart:

3 Likes

No engraved stamps, but I remember a few years back we had beaded stamps. Let’s see if I can find a picture.

2008 SG Peranakan_s

12 Likes

Some months ago I found these beautiful “engraved” (they were offset prints of an engraved stamp) stamps issued in 2014. I bought as many as I could of the $470 one, but I have run out of them and haven’t been able to find any more :sob:

I have also found this block sheet, it went directly into my collection!

4 Likes

Whew, I thought it was only me being weird by feeling them up a bit!

(But I do beadwork so my fingertips like to feel texture)

3 Likes

These stamps are gorgeous! I don’t really understand what “relievo” means… Are these stamps engraved?

Wait, how big were these stamps?
Are they real stamps? And 10 Singaporian dollars for one stamp is a bit expansive, isn’t it?

Yes they are real stamps. However I think they are more of collectors’ items.
I certainly wouldn’t use them!

You could use them to mail packages if you really wanted to.

More information on the stamps here:

1 Like

They are not engraved.But is relief one.Sorry wrong word😌

1 Like

These engraved French stamps might soon be in your letterbox :blush:

9 Likes

Is intaglio a form of engraving? Or the other way around?

1 Like

The Go for Broke Forever stamp is also still available for sale

2 Likes

Very nice, thank you! Is it intaglio?

Looks like it, with some offset components

1 Like

We still get intaglio printed stamps occasionally. I noticed that they usually have a historical theme, like this one.

1 Like

Indeed, French Polynesia stamps are “produced” by Philaposte, which likes to use this technique.

Your last sentence is incorrect. In the UK, only non-QR code stamps issued since decimalization in 1971 that feature a portrait of Queen Elizabeth are invalid for use after July 31, 2023. With a few narrow exceptions, all decimal era commemoratives, special issues and Christmas stamps will continue to be valid for use.