9 March 2024- McKinney, Texas Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: McKinney, Texas
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Holiday Inn & Suites McKinney-N. Allen
:calendar: DATE: Saturday, March 9th, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12PM CST
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Join us in McKinney, TX for Postcrossing and an opportunity to buy some vintage postcards! This meetup will take place at the Greater Dallas (McKinney) Postcard, Photo, and Paper Show.
:dollar: $5 Admission to the postcard show

NOTE- This meetup will take place at the Courthouse Square Antique Postcards Greater Dallas (McKinney) Postcard, Photo, and Paper Show. The postcard show is two days long, but out meetup will take place on Saturday, March 9th (the second day of the show). Admission to the postcard show is $5. During the meetup, we will have our own table at the show for Postcrossing and socializing!

After our meetup, those of us who wish to visit the Collin County History Museum located in McKinney’s historic post office will be meeting there at 2:30pm. This excursion after the Postcrossing meetup is optional! The museum is free to the general public, but the museum requests $7 admission per person for a guided tour. There is free public parking to the museum.

Full meetup place address:
Holiday Inn & Suites McKinney-N. Allen
3220 Craig Dr
Hotel Direct Phone: 469.952.2044
take a look the Hotel and directions and more:
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/mckinney/mcktx/hoteldetail
Read more about the postcard show here- Courthouse Square Antique Postcards:Postcard Show Schedule

Collin County History Museum address:
300 East Virginia Street, McKinney, TX 75069
Read more about the Museum here- https://www.collincountyhistorymuseum.org/

Special meetup postcards will be available for everyone to sign! We have 2 designs.

Please RSVP using this Google Form- https://forms.gle/kfx3fuTgSuMKVAJQA

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

More info:
What are we going to be doing?
-Spend the time getting to know our fellow postcrossers
-Share our postcrossing experiences/stories
-Postcard swapping
-Sign designed postcrossing meet-up cards
-and of course…write as many cards as we can to send out to the world!

What should I bring? (not mandatory, just some suggestions):
-Pens, markers, stickers, washi tape, decorative stamps etc. (anything you like to write or decorate cards with)
-list of addresses to send too.
-Postage stamps (so we can mail as many cards as we can!)
-Postcards to trade/swap
-Postcards you would like to send out at this meetup
-Postcards you want to show off
-A smartphone/iPad/tablet for connecting to postcrossing.com

The ultimate goal of this meetup is to share our collective joy of postcrossing, to make good, positive, and wholesome connections with another human beings, and to spread that positivity and happiness to our fellow postcrossers across the globe!

Event organizers: @Courtneybblooms @heidiblooms @peachesandlola

3 Likes

So excited to meet up with everyone again!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Quick update about the post office museum:

The museum itself is free, but I was just notified that the museum requests $7 per person for the guided tour.

For those interested in the museum, please let me know if you would require a handicap-accessible entrance.

Thanks!

Julia

2 Likes

I’m going to drive up from Dallas to come to this as I am off that weekend !! Super excited !!

2 Likes

I put my stickers in the mail last Saturday, so hopefully they will arrivd in time.

2 Likes

Great! I’ll keep you posted. :wink:
Julia

1 Like

Only a few days left until the meetup!

We will have meetup-themed postcards for everyone to sign and send out. If you have a name stamp, please bring it to sign cards! We will have a box for outgoing mail to be sent from the McKinney post office, a box for cards to be signed by everyone, and a box for “freebie” postcards. Feel free to bring any postcards that you don’t want to add to the freebie box, they may find a home with someone else and you could find your next favorite!

1 Like

Hi y’all!

Here are the photos from today’s meetup! Jim Taylor, the Postcard Show’s organizer, is very supportive of having us Postcrossers at the show and has invited us to this fall’s upcoming show in McKinney, so keep an eye out for an upcoming meetup event for later this year! We will link it to this chat once we’ve created the event.

If anyone is interesting in stopping by the Postcard Show on March 15-16 in Houston, Jim said he would be happy to supply a table for postcrossers there too! (Note- the Houston show will not be a meetup and neither @heidiblooms , @Courtneybblooms , or I plan on attending)

Jim’s email is Postcards@CourthouseSquare.net in case you need it. :slight_smile:
The Postcard Show website is www.CourthouseSquare.net

Hope yall had a blast!
@Courtneybblooms @heidiblooms @peachesandlola

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone who came out to the meet up! It was great meeting some new people and seeing familiar faces from our Valentine’s meet up in Allen.

Courtney, Julia, and I are already brainstorming for our next meet up, so check back every so often for updates! :love_letter::postbox::mailbox_with_mail:

2 Likes

Hello Postcrossers!

We have been in communication with Jim Taylor, the organizer of the Courthouse Square Postcard Shows, and he has invited us back for the Show in October! We have created a meetup event for October 12th at 12PM.

We hope to see y’all there if everyone is available!

Julia, @Courtneybblooms and @heidiblooms

1 Like

Wow/ sorry I missed this one- but thanks for the postcards!

Thanks for posting the pics, nice to meet everybody.

~Alissa

Hi! I collect meetup postcards and would love to swap for these! I have these available.

4 of the 9 cards I sent out have already arrived a week later including to Germany, UK, and the Netherlands so McKinney has a good post office ! LOL

2 Likes

Hi Kayce!

We’re flattered you liked our meetup cards! :slight_smile: Unfortunately, we do not have any cards left over from our meetup. I’m so sorry!
Julia

That’s amazing! My postcards to middle Europe usually travel there fast, too. Thank you again for coming and joining us at the museum!

1 Like

Hey I actually have one Mckinney card I haven’t sent yet but no more of the Cereal Day ones. I’ll send it out to you.

1 Like

One of my cards from the meetup was registered today! Postcard US-10219944

2 Likes

We are having a museum-themed meetup on May 18 in Dallas and hope to see you all there! :partying_face:
May 18 Museum Meetup | Dallas, TX

@ACDelco @SnoopyGirl @thetexasflorist @mhavy @LovelyLindaPost @janasue @MadsMails

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see y’all!!
Julia

1 Like